The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: axail flow invention

We got the one CIH offers, it changes the sprockets and it also has a larger chain. Have used it for about 4 years and have had good luck with it. One outfit just changes 1 sprocket and that changes the speed but do not remember the name. I would go with the CIH one

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

well i know they didn't come out with the kirby's on them so i would say that is the best thing so far

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

My new axle is high on the list. It makes driving the machine a peasure and the piece of mind knowing its not going break at any given moment is nice.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-....tmode=1#M175000

My incline helper auger and the front tank windows are also among my favorites. After putting the tank extension on, I bought a Michels hard shell top for it with an electric tarp that rolls open and closed with the push of a switch. That is an amazing tool for the grass seed grower. It allows full use of the tanks capacity in the wind.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-....mode=1#M163412

All the stuff I changed last year was a big hit. Loved the machine. The transport of the material with the extra vanes was amazing.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62424&mid=439631#M439631

Eventually as the machine gets ready for retirement, and I do too, I'll have the perfect machine...

·
Registered
79 Posts

we just bought a 2003 2388 with one of them in it. Could you tell me more about it? Is there a website for them? what does it look like? what does it do? thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts

stewart unload extender
lowen incline delivery auger
disrupters
gorden bars
california duster for wiping window glass
header- SCH cutterbar

am in process of installing, jurys still out- Heartland's cleaning system repair kit. looking good so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Yes check out the razorrockbeaters.com website deffinetly! I have installed a pile of these things on combines and EVERYBODY that has one is a happier harvester. Some of the advantages are things like combining longer when it starts to rain no back feeding, increased speed, Hardly ever pluggin feeder things like that Even in crops like corn you can tell a differnce on how smooth everything works

·
Registered
105 Posts

All Long Shoe combines (late 1680s through 2588s) have shaker system issues, some moreso than others, I think alot of it is just how it was built and squared up at the factory. These machines are built with very tight tolerances, too tight. With just a little wear, and bushings that sag, or other worn or mis-aligned components, there are many contact points that develop. The most severe ones are the front of the chaffer, it hits the rear of the auger bed. And the rear of the shoe, it hits the axle support. All this banging around leads to self-destruction of the whole cleaning system, from broken chaffer rails to worn hex-cams and auger bed shafts, to broken auger beds and fan housing supports and tinwork, to broken sieves.

What Heartland's kit does is it moves the axle support rearward about an inch, and tells you how to eliminate all the other contact points, and how to remove and install both the kit and the shaker system. There really isn't much physically to the kit, mostly you are buying the instructions and his research. It is patented, so I can't tell you much more than this. The gentleman has put lots of time and effort and research into this problem and a solution for it, and I think it looks like its gonna work.

However there is a few more things that people should know about. One is the old style shaker bushings are junk. Made in Mexico crap. I got two new kits from CNH and couldn't even make one good set from the two. After doing some of my own investigation work, I found out that the 08 MY 25s use new style shaker bushings, made by a different vendor, from Germany. They appear to be much better quality. CNH is not subbing up the old part#s to these new numbers, and they claim they worn't work in the older machines, but they will. And no kit available (yet), you have to buy them all individually. Time will tell if they hold up better than the old style.

Secondly, two years ago CIH came out with a alignment tool for squaring up the auger bed shaft and centering the stroke of the arms. This tool is $1200, or you'll have to have your dealer do it. The jury's still out on how well this works. JMHO.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

jalopy " It is patented, so I can't tell you much more than this. "

Actually that's the reason you can say all you want about it. The patent office is open to the public, and all can read every aspect of the patent.

·
Registered
117 Posts

thanks jalopy, I have rebuilt dozens of shakers and always wonder how to better improve it. he bushings that we get out of parts might be the german ones because they are heavier tapered steel shell as the kits are a lighter guage straight cut. the jury is out on the alignment tool for me I find it time consuming an cumbersome, went years without it. have talked to an engineer friend of mine who says that there may be a sturdy trunion style bushing that nascar uses in their steering column that would replace those bushings, but I`m sure it wouldn`t be cost effective, still looking though

·
Registered
2 Posts

New member to tehe site , but i have been visiting for a while. I have a tired 2188 and I am in the process of rebuilding the rotor and cleaning systeminstalled . After reading this post I have already talked to Heartland Repair and Kile Manufacturing. My questions are, does anybody have the Kile AFX type setup installed? How does it compare to other kits since it is about half the price? Also , would like to know the same about Gordens rasp bars for the same 2188.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Welcome to the site. You will enjoy it alot. I have both the Kile and Gordon bars and do not regret either one. Mr kile is a very nice man to talk to and deal with. Same for Marvin Gordon.There are alot of updates to wake up your machine and make it eat. Just post your problems or questions and someone on here has an answer. Also there is a thread up top with alot of websites and phone numbers for updates and fixes. Ck it out. [http://combineforums.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Case&action=display&thread=3150[/url]

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

I went up and visited with Ron Kile a few weeks ago. We tested a new seed opener design he is working on.

Here's Ron and Ernie finishing the depth control of the test opener as I waited. Ron is on right putting on the lug nuts.

Here's a shipment of his latest wear blades. Note they are weighed and paired for balance.

Ernie is getting a shipment of the 60 series flights ready for paint.

At this point, quality control is near perfect as all product goes through Ron's shop before shipping.

Personally, I have been running the Kile flights on my 1680 here is my cropping in the pnw, for 2 years. I had been running for many years, my own version of the Marlin impellers with excellent results "here". When finally Ron's flights hit the marketplace retaining the original 45 degree angle of the wear blade, I had to give a set a try. I'm 100% happy with the results in my crops.

Wait till you see what Ron has planned for the AFX owners.

On the Gorden bars, I have been running them in various configurations for several years. I have a full set for the 80 series. I tryed the full set and in a dry year with brittle grass seed straw, they worked very well. They also work well in dry wheat that may be tough to thresh and seperate. I cant say on other crops in other areas how they perform.

When we had some rain on our grass seed, I had to remove several of the Gordens and install stock spikes and rasps in the very front of the rotor and also a few in the seperation area. One thing about the Gorden bars, if they were not weighed and labelled, you best weigh them before install and put them on in 180 degree rotations.

Keep an eye on this forum over the summer. There may be a new rasp bar being tested that "may" be just the ticket for the tough threshing wheat and other crops that have difficulty being removed from the husk/hull/bell, etc.

Here's a thread about some of the work I did on my machine last spring. It has a few pics that sort of show the Kile front and a couple Gorden bars on it.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62424&mid=439631#M439631

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks Doorknob, I placed my order to Mr. kile on Monday. As I get deeper into my repair I see my concaves look to be worn down along with the keystocks, how much is to much? While I am doing all the repairs , does anyone have an idea on how to make the shaker drive needle bearings { the ones on the side} more durable ? I have an idea but my machine shop is really busy. Also whats the best way to get those hateful waterpump bearings out? Thanks for any info.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts