The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: bad 8010

Be shure that the hydraulic pressure of the clutch that drives the CVT shaft for the header is between 19 and 22 bar, otherwise this clutch will burn down in between a few hours, especially in corn!!! Problems with the rotary air screen can appear, and be shure that the belt that drives the tailings system is in good shape, we needed 4 of them since buying ours one year ago.
When using 12 row heads be shure to go with 900 tires, load index 178A8, and check the cooling sieve of the generator dayly, also the high pressure fuel pipes can get loosen by themselves. Never try to fix them by yourself ( bad material, we tried and they broke), just call the dealer to bring you the new ones, they are better quality. The self leveling shaker system has got a new cylinder this year, be shure that you have got the updated one, the old one gets stucked after working longer in steep conditions.

good luck

TOM

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

I have heard a lot of bad stories I think we are through with all the chopper and control pressure problems mine seems to work great. lets keep everyone up to date on the updates and problems. if one guy is getting it fixed, we all need to be getting it done.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The first time anyone trobleshoots a control psi issue it can be easy to get lost and overlook the problem. Finding the leaks has become much easier as CNH has come out with more refined procedures. The most common leak point has been in the rotor ring to frame clutch. The whole system looks complicated however it is actually very simple once you lay it all out. The sealing rings used in the sytem are very similar to what was used in the 86 series PTO's.
That leaves us with the fire issue? I think you need to take some accoutablity for running the machine when you knew a chopper knife was gone and you know that chopper is balanced could cause damage. Anyway I hope you carry knives with you now and change them when one fails. Good luck with your machine.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Interesting to hear about your troubles. I look after 11 - 8010's for our dealership from 04 to 06, and this has been our best harvest yet. Virtually no troubles at all (really!), and harvest is 90% complete. The 06's have been especially strong. Definitely more capacity in the 06. One of my new 06's has a couple hundred hours already, and no service calls.... period. Our 8010's have been very dependable this year.

A direct quote I received in person today from an new 8010 owner who switched from yellow (was all green before that) to the 8010... "this is the finest combine I have ever owned".

It sounds like you have a good dealer who should get you past the troubles you are having now. Good Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Our 2006 8010 has about 65 hours on as of this moment. Not one single problem so far and it has been working awesome.

Just about all of the beans we have harvested have had exceptionally green stems and this machine doesn't even seem to care. We are running a 36' 2062 Flex Draper and it has been working great also. We did have this head on a 2388 last year so we already knew how well it worked.

It will be interesting to see how the year plays out and I will update if we run into any problems.

For what it's worth, we have neighbors with a 05 and 06 model and they have been trouble free also this year so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.