The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Bunching on right side of 1020

Our 1020 does the same exact thing at night when the beans get tough. I would check to make sure the rear settings are the same on both sides. You can adjust the height manually on each end. Ours was off a half inch end to end.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Do you happen to be cutting beans that are leaning? We've got two identical 25' 1020 heads, and one of them will bunch if we are on the "upwind" side of the beans. If they are leaning against the snoot, just outside of the reel, then they will bunch up. However, if we cut on the downwind side of the way the beans are leaning, the reel can pull it all in and everything runs great.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

take a hand grinder and put a nice square edge on the auger, it will help feeding a lot. or use a orbit reel

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but usually when we had our 1020 heads it wouldn't go much past 8:00...

not sure how a orbit reel would help..... but it might be cheaper to just quit at 9:00

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

The orbit reel spins a lot like the newer macdon draper reels do. They teeth go over the top. What they do is kick the crop into the auger, then pull back away from the auger. It gets your reel closer to the auger. However, the orbit reel uses simple poly guides, where as the macdon setup uses some rocket science cam system.

Click this link for a picture.
http://lefebure.com/farming/2006fps/images/077.jpg

-Lance

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

The orbit reel is great in short beans or any tough feeding. I have one on my 2020 which really helped it I have another for one of our 1020's but have not got it on yet. a lot less shattering too!! the guides on the end I don't what they are made of but they are tough. I've always kinda hated this 2020 but after running it a couple years and getting a few things figured out. I think it floats and works better than our 1020's esp in no till. we've had a lot of mud and water and it worked better or as well as a 1020.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts

Same thing happens on our 30ft 1020 head, except it is the left side that we have problems with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts