The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: buy Deere!

So YOUR the one that puts all the holes in places I cant get the bolts in...................

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Well thank you for your part in making some of the finest combines in the world. There is no such thing as "the best combine," but there are the best combines. John Deere is among them.

I was last at JDHW in 1985. The Titan II's were being built then. Back then, there were still two main assembly lines. Much has changed since then. I can remember the automatic presses and a world of CNC machines back then. I never saw any videos of Maximizers in the making, but the STS Series are quite the celebrities now, having been featured on History and National Geographic and even the Travel channels.

By the way, welcome also to our forum. It's about time we got more of the J.D. combine builders on here. You and your family are also cordially invited to come out here to beautiful Oklahoma during a vacation coinciding with my state's most significant time of the year--wheat harvest. That way, you can see, first hand, what your handiwork looks like on the operating end.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Nov 26, 2008, 9:41am, johndeeregreen wrote:Hi folks,

I am curious, how do you feel about your Deere combine? I am a simple press operator, and I don't see the finished product unless I go to the other building after work.

I was there in July, guide said that the presses were being replaced with lasers. Do you have to retrain to run them? Or are they keeping a few around?

Wait, I might be thinking of something else. The bendy/rolling type press or the punch type that makes holes?

·
Registered
216 Posts

Its kinda like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. We own 2 JD backhoes one of which is great and the other is just. same model same year. we tried to buy a JD dealership that was forsale. it came down to the day the papers were to be signed and it would be ours. it had been oked by JD corprate and everything. we showed up to the place ready to sign and JD called and said no! we spent well over 8k dollars in lawyers and other crap to buy this place and JD says no at the last minute becasue they wanted another person to buy it because he already had a dealership? We never got a dime back of that money and my dad vowed never to buy a JD piece of equip. next month we bought a brand new Case IH 180HP tractor. I hate it that JD is an all american company that I don't buy from but Until I find a dealership close who treats me like a customer and not a problem then I'll send my money else where. I'm glad there is people who have good luck with JD because I want them do stay in business not only to keep others from raiseing their prices but to give good hard working americans jobs.
God bless
DM01

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

It's great to have you here and i know you can not tell us about most of the JD plant, you will hear great things and bad things about John Deere Combines like Connor.
I work at a John Deere store and we have two brothers as customers, they ran a CaseIH for years and this past season they brought a 9770STS, they said to me that is the Greatest combine ever, so a few will dislike John Deere and most will like John Deere.

And to all if this starts to get out of hand those post will be deleted.

Like this, From what I gather they cant get them set period. When you get em set to shell all the corn off the cob they grind part of it, just letting you know what I have been told by owners.
He has not been around a John Deere combine.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Well sorry you guys can't handle the truth. I know its obsurd to think that a machine from the almighty green could turn out this way. And to answer everyones obvious questions that I've answered before, yes it get greased everyday, the oil gets changed regularly throughout the season, things such as belts, chains, pulleys, clean grain elevator get checked every morning, it goes through the JD shop every winter. So no it isn't abused by any means, I like to pride myself on how well our equipment is taken care of. Right down to vacuuming and dusting the cab every few days. It doesn't get run on rough ground to tear it apart and it still likes to self destruct from time to time. And I don't care what anyone says the STS rotor is no match for grain quality and efficiency compared to others.

·
Registered
56 Posts

If we had a decent CIH or Cat dealer Our 9760 would be gone. Like you said to hard to set, either you lose it out the back or grind it up.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Connor, at least this time, you QUALIFIED what you said, rather than just spout off a bunch of crude insults with no further explanation.

Yes, as we have talked before, I KNOW the bad luck story of your combine. Still, with that having been completely covered in a prior thread, you have no further need to just go about this thread, digging up "old bones" and flaming John Deere combines. You just can't keep quiet about it.

I told you last year to just SELL your combine. Indeed, both of you would be better off!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

I love our deere's...after reading the manual on how to setup our new to us 9650sts this year (ran 9x00's for a LONG time and we're used to getting the adjustment rod our and climbing in it lol). We got it setup according to deere spec, made 3-4 small adjustments to rotor speed and fan speed, as wellas opened the concave up 2 more numbers and it's perfect as far as threshing goes...not much at all behind the combine at all, maybe 1% loss if that.

My problem: make thicker auger tubes! and apparently an old problem that was addressed, the weak rear axles but now their a massive case iron piece so i can't complain. If deere hear's about it an update for it is soon released which is why we stick with the innovator, not the imitator.

Could i ask ya'll to lower salaries for a year so we can afford the newer stuff a little easier?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Thats weird our neighbors really are impressed with how we roll threw beans as well....im sure its just the 36ft drapers but the combines handel them very very well...

Also Welcome to the board and i hope to see that plant sometime..

id really like to see the case and see the deere combine plants...

Im sure both would be very interesting...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

I'm assuming you have Case IH combines right? I think it really depends on where you live I guess. Around here about the only thing that can thrash green-stemmed beans is a sts.

johndeeregreen, welcome to the forum
We would not want to give up our Deere combines for anything else!

Here, watch this video I made if you want to see some Deere combines eating up some soybeans in the cornbelt!

-Dave

1 - 20 of 63 Posts