The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Case IH 2062 Heads in Peas

Tell us more about the header you are running.

I assume it is the 2062 flex draper?

Is it new?

Are you running a floating divider on the outside? I see they offer this as an option, but I've only seen heads set up with the divider rods.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

What does your dealer think the problem is?

Does it do it all the time or only in the morning when it's damp?

The 2062 runs much like a haybine.......the thing is designed to run on the ground down on the skids.

As you probably know you can control the angle the head runs at, maybe if you tip the head back it might help. If that doesn't help I would lower the skids on the outside.

And yes, from what I saw in the book, a floating divider kit is an option.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Hey, just going through the same thing here. You in SK? My dealer has no clue what the problem is. Darn things keep dragging at the ends, only remedy for us has been to tilt the header like you would in wheat...defeats the purpose of the tilt option and cutting low enough to actually get all the downed peas, but that is the only thing we could do.
Have problems feeding as well? In peas we can't keep them down...rolling over the header or back over the reel. Have lifted the pea auger and have the reel forward alomst all the way. Then it bunches and stalls out the drum or center canvass; and then I drag my grumpy a** back out to pull. Sometimes every 5 minutes.

Does yours feed good in cereals? We cant get this thing to feed in barley or winter wheat either.

Who is your dealer by chance? I tried to contact Macdon but they won't service a 2062 because it is "case". The guy on the other end got an earful from me when I heard that...

·
Registered
25 Posts

Sounds like you need to look at the "frown" adjustment on the flexdraper, as it seems that there is too much weight on the wing sections if the crop dividers are digging into the ground. I would suggest looking at the following: smile adjustment, frown adjustment, and then do the "block test" to check header frown and smile. It should be shown in the ops manual on how to do all of this.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Tell us more about harvesting peas, I never even seen it done. I've run thru alot of soybeans and a little wheat, but not peas.

I assume you harvest them dry?

What do you do with the peas?

They sound like a "dirty" crop to harvest, are they?

How do they run thru the combine, are they tough and viney?

What is a "pea auger"?

Are you guys running on flat ground or is it hilly?

I hope you guys keep posting on here, the draper has worked well for us in soybeans but it can be a tough beast to get set.

Thanks, midwest

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:Sounds like you need to look at the "frown" adjustment on the flexdraper, as it seems that there is too much weight on the wing sections if the crop dividers are digging into the ground. I would suggest looking at the following: smile adjustment, frown adjustment, and then do the "block test" to check header frown and smile. It should be shown in the ops manual on how to do all of this.

This is exactly what you need to look at as well as the spring adjustment on the adaptor. I may not be lifting the head enough and need the springs tightend, but that is in the manual where you set the frown, smile.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I can see now why you want to run the 2062 in peas, you can control your angle of cut with the center ram.

I agree with others that maybe you need adjust your springs and maybe the tee bolts....this will transfer more weight to the center section.

I do know that the head likes two things.....dry soil and firm ground.

Could it be that the design of the head will not work best for you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts