The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: CNH/AGCO

The rumblings of Richenhagen wanting to do a major-share of CNH have been going on for a while...

Would be interesting, and scary - only two companies left to choose from!

·
Registered
39 Posts

But I think there's another company out there that has the same name from day 1, for over 100 years. I don't know why, but there must be some explanation to why they have never had to merge or be bought out by someone. Interesting

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

Um i think i know who you're refurring to there OMI and i can break it down for you. They let everyone else develop technology then they copy or buy it. They have great marketing and excellent lawyers...am i missing something, oh yeah and pretty paint if you want your equipment to be camoflauged when it breaks down. If you are trying to imply that they have supperior products or are more innovative you're talking to the wrong hombres. If you are trying to imply that they are more financially sound then i could agree with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts

wow hope that doesnt happen it was bad enuff when fiat NH took over caseih.
I like John Deere more and more. A plus side to mergers is in the future it may allow small companies get into making combines (i hope even now 300,000 is a lot for whats a combine does)

·
Registered
367 Posts

Oops, my bad. I thought you were talking about CLAAS there for a minute.

In all seriousness with respect to the CNH/AGCO talks, there has been a lot of speculation from day one of the CNH formation that it wouldn't be permanent. Fiat is first and foremost a car company; that is their passion and they want to be THE big player in the world in automobiles - that has always been their motivation. They didn't have a burning passion to be in the farm and construction equipment industry, but what they did see was a way to structure an organization that could enlarge their total footprint, bring in more cash, and put them in a better position to, at a point in the future, make a big move into the auto industry (especially North America). Fast forward to today, and you have the opportunity presenting itself with Chrysler. Just the type of thing Fiat had been waiting for. Now, it will be interesting to see what Fiat does with CNH. If getting the Chrysler thing off the ground like they want to means cutting into the budgets of the CNH division (or more extreme, selling off part or all of it to a capable and willing buyer like AGCO), I have no doubt that Fiat is prepared to do so. One need only look back at other farm equipment companies in history that have been owned by larger parent organizations to see that it has happened before and can certainly happen again.

G

·

The sky is blue.

A statement without an explanation is just that - a statement of thought...

Care to back it up?

It won't happen because I really don't want it to happen,

hows that?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Lol no kidding... god i hope this doesn't happen..

i wouldn't be able to order parts at all then... and to just drive a tractor they would have to spend 10 min filling out a d**n work order just to take it for a spin...

·
Registered
79 Posts

CNH would go down the CRAPPER if that happened!!!!!!!! maybe we should just get everyone on here together and buy them??? haha

·
Registered
439 Posts

Firstly, in my opinion I like AGCO the way they are and I think they are doing much better. They have enough brands and they don't need to add more. Also there is already enough monotony in the fields. I like having different colors around. Enough mergers for a while. Having only 3 major farm machinery producing companies in the United States is already bad enough.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Quote:The sky is blue.

A statement without an explanation is just that - a statement of thought...

Care to back it up?

the sky is blue christain.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Finacially sound.....maybe.

Three months ending Oct 31, 2008: $345 million profit.

Three months ending Oct 31, 2009: $223 million loss.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
912 Posts

I don't see how it could be advantageous for AGCO to buy out CNH they already have better product offerings in most everything. Maybe they were thinking along the lines of Case with the IH takeover use them for dealership and market share and close them down.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Is this all speculation, or have the companies made any public statements about a merger/partnership?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts