The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Combine's from South to North

We had a farmer do that around our parts. He would cut with a custom crew on his land, then they would take his combine north (9600 JD). This worked well for a couple years, then the combine started to get some age on it. Now, they no longer do this, and he is stuck with a worn out combine to cut all of his wheat. He broke down so many times this past year, that he just quit and hired the rest of his wheat cut. I doubt that he does this again. Seems to me, that if it is not taken care of properly, then it wouldn't work out very well. The person usuing it first doesn't fix everything or tears it up, the down time, and so on. Just my .02 ....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Combine's from South to North

Kurt, maybe a little off topic but two neighbors of our went together and bought a brand new Deere forge chopper and heads, there land joins together and they work out the times for chopping haylage and corn silage, One will lay hay down this day chop next while one is chopping the other cut hay. maintenance cost is split no matter what the cost or problem, all done by Deere dealer so there is no question on whats what. they are very happy with how this works. it was cheaper in the long run to split this cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts