The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: couple of 95's in beans

wow, awsome pics definatly havent seen something like that in a while.

Mason

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Looks like the 105 has cast drive hubs with claps that hold the rims on. Is that right. They also have different cabs and one is green and the other is white and the gas has bigger fuel tank. Great pictures.

·
Registered
521 Posts

What would you do with 'em, Ness? Would you put 'em out in the front yard, along with a gnome?

One of these days, with 'ur love for combines, you are going to have a bunch of 'em!

·
Registered
151 Posts

Those old 95s and 105s in my opion where the best combines John Deere ever built. In the summer of 2004 i bought a 95 that had been sitting in a shed for 10 years and it started right up and drove home, Ive cut around 300 acres with it and the only troubles iv had was just a chain and one bearing. Thanks for posting the pics.
Swartz

·
Registered
1 Posts

Looks like it was really wet when you were doing these. What part of the world are the pics from?

What kind of yield and how fast could you go?

No HHC either. Would be tough in my part of the world, but we never grew beans in the days of 95's. My Dad had a 95 gas and he thought he had died and went to heaven fron his 65 pull type! Although his was a PTO which beat the heck out of the engine type.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
47 Posts

As a little kid riding with my dad and grandpa, the best memory I had of the Ol 95 was getting my fingers caught in the door when dad shut the upper half of the door. hurts too.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Hey runt,
That’s funny because when I was about three years old I remember trying to crawl up the ladder of one of my Grandpa’s IH 453s. The 453s had a ladder that dropped down with your weight. Being little at the time my hands could fit in places a grown mans hand could not, so needless to say I had them in one of those places when I put all my weight on the ladder and ON both hands and wondering how I was going to get out of this one. It’s like you said THAT HURT! Good thing Dad was right there to pick me up some to let the weight off or I will still be there now. All this is after I had been told repeatly by my Dad and Grandpa to stay off so I wouldn’t get myself into that spot. I still look at those ladders today and laugh about that time. I can’t say it was my best memory like you can, but it sure stands out the most.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JD 95 and 105 Combines

JD 95 and 105 Combines

What is the Difference between
a JD 55, 95, 105?

How long / wide is the Combine
once the Grain head is off?

What kind of a Trailer do you need
to move it by Semi?

Has anyone tried to haul 2 or 3 at one time?

Thanks

EarlT

·
Registered
590 Posts

To answer the differences in the 55, 95, and 105:

They are basically the same design, The 55 has a 30 inch wide cylinder and separator, the 95 is 40 inches wide and the 105 is 50 inches wide. Horsepower and bin size go up respectively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts