The Combine Forum banner

Re: CR 970's at work

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  kirschenman 
#1 ·
#5 ·

How many acres is your operation? Looks like quite the show once everything is rolling! I bet you cover alot of acres in one day if the conditions are right.

WE run a CR 960. I know they are different size rotors and cleaning area, but where you you have your settings in winter wheat or durum if you have any? Where is your concave clearance and sieves set? We are having a trouble getting a clean sample.

#9 ·

jester

That is interesting. I will be running a 9860 and a 9070 this year and have a friend with a 590R may be here as well. Not having run the 590R or the 9070 before I'm sure it will be enlightening. My perception at this point does not jive with your post. Like I said this is going to be interesting.

Don

#10 ·

Brilliant photos, really cant wait to see more of your operation. Do you have anymore photos on the internet that we can see. And maybe after i graduate from uni and have some time off might make my way over to do a season with you guys. All the best this year.

Cheers Camel

#13 ·

its interesting. Talking to the lexion guys they say that their combines will always run a class above what they are. a 570 will run with a 9860 and so on. But if the 970s (class 8) run with the 590s (class 9), thats a pretty incredible machine. so is a 970 more like a class 10??? (in the dry at least)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.