The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: elevator drive chain top idler sprocket

plowmaster. do you have the horz or incline bin fill auger? cause i think there something i'm over looking on your problem. i'll look at the idler in the parts man tomorrow & see if i can brain storm something for you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

plowmaster, the 80-88 series didn,t run a horz bin fill auger. i"ve not seen any problems with riping off the hex shaft for the idler with the horz auger. the crops we have down here is corn,beans, milo and wheat. i've got 1 customer that has a 1660 like yours & has a bin ext & hasn't had that problem. so let me know what kind of crops your havesting & i'll see if i can be of any help.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Had the same problem on a 1460. I turned out a pice on the lathe that was 3" in diameter and then dropped down to a inch in diameter. I drilled and tapped it for 1/2-13 threads and welded it on . Never had a problem again. (with that part)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Same problem on 1994, 1666, fixed once in the field by welding it back in place. Combine went down the road before it ever happened again. Had about 400 hrs on the machine when it happened. Never happened on the 1460 or 1660.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts