The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: how many axial flows have been sold?

a whooooooooooooooollllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee lot and i would say u would have to dig hard to find that answer

·
Registered
43 Posts

Not sure about Case but this year John Deere is celebrating its 500,000th combine. I am guessing Case is considerably less beings John Deere has held a majority of the market share for many years and that is counting all JD combines made.

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts

While yeah, but the question is Axialflows so you can only count STS's if you are comparing.
Here's my bet:
There has been more Axialflows sold then NH TR/CR, JD STS and WFE/MF axial/rotary combines put together!
There, that otta stir something up.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts

I downloaded this pic on June 14, 1999 that shows the 100,000th AF. As for all red combines before the AF, don't know. Lots....

·
Registered
299 Posts

Wonder if they put that machine on the market or put it on display at the factory? In '99, were they in Grand Island yet? If so, didn't see it when I took a tour last September.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

I am guessing Case is considerably less beings John Deere...

I doubt that... and i bet you see alot more older axial flows around than the old walkers now and in the future..

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts

I thought it would already!

Usually when a rash statement like that is made someone will do the research to (usually) disprove it.
Unlike the flat out SWAG I took.
SWAG? Scientific Wild Assed Guess.

Hope someone will run with this.

Don

·
Registered
620 Posts

Last I heard they were over 140,000 (figure mentioned at plant tour in Feb 2010) so the 150,000th won't be far away.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

SWAG? Scientific Wild Assed Guess.?????

Don iif mother deere see's that they might hire u the acronymn job or sue u for stealing there idea!!

·
Registered
257 Posts

While yeah, but the question is Axialflows so you can only count STS's if you are comparing.
Here's my bet:
There has been more Axialflows sold then NH TR/CR, JD STS and WFE/MF axial/rotary combines put together!
There, that otta stir something up.

Don

Do we count all those New Holland combines that are painted red as Axial flows? Also if only STS's count then really only AFX combines should count.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts