The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Hows everyones harvest going

Finally winding down to last 100 acres of barley. Most finished up last week just the usual late ones goin. Yields were good and grades alright now just try to afford to band some nh3 for next yr.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Hows everyones harvest going

Corn was complete weeks ago. Made 125 bpa. Real good considering the weather.

South of me (10 miles and further) made less than 100 bpa-about 75 bpa in an area that 175 bpa is normal in a good year. North of me, it gets better as you go north. My neighbor was done with corn on the last day of August. Usually not done until the last week of September.

Beans-not too good. Running 18 bpa. Ugh. That's full season beans, not double crop. The people that have double crop won't even put the combine into the field this year. Standing at the edge of a bean 18 bpa field, the stand looks like 30, 40, maybe high 40's bpa, but the beans are one and two bean pods and small. Like BB's.

It did not rain from July 4th ish until mid Sept. And was hot with a hot wind. Heard that some full season beans up the road under irrigation made 28 bpa.

The last few years, it's taken to the week of Thanksgiving to complete harvest. I probably will be done by the end of Oct.

Located in West Kentucky, Caldwell County.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts