The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Improving rock trap on TR75

The best advice I can give isto go thru your op book and make sure all of the stone trap settings are correct. The back edge of the trap door needs to be a little higher than the back feeder floor. You set the overall trip sensitivity with the roller clearance to the ramp. And set the center feed roller to the right hight.

If your 7700 was like my 4400 then when I pick up a tree branch chunk it gets into the non dumpingstone trap and then every other little tree branch or rock just ended up going straight into the cylinder all seson anyway. The later dump type like a 4420 has would be nice on that machine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Improving rock trap on TR75

My TR had rock damage in the concaves, bent crossbars, but no damage visable on the rotors when I bought it. Since in beans the concaves are going to be farther open to start with, I don't think small rocks will hurt the rotors. As far as speed, you don't want to run them extra fast. I see why you did with the cylinder just to get any small ones thru quickly, but on a rotor machine the crop will pass around the rotor several times so spinning faster isn't going to prevent damage, might make things worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts