The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Is OEM feeder house floor AR steel

No the OEM floor is not AR steel. Unsure of price on a 66's floor but an 88's floor will run you about $600. Quite a few people will lay in a square piece from the front by the bend on back 6-8" behind the drum, I wouldn't recommend cutting out the old floor prior to putting in the patch as the floor will probably buckle and it will be hard to get the patch in place and level. I would also suggest leaving the floor in when you do it so it retains it's overall shape, just pull out the drum and do it on the combine.

I have access to the right fabrication equipment and just make my own complete new floors out of 3/16" AR plate for substantially less than the OEM and will virtually last forever without deflection like OEM's which is a problem in the 88's in heavy crops.

JHarvest

·
Registered
283 Posts

We had the same thing happen on our JD 9600 and all we did was lay a piece of steel the length and width of the feederhouse and weld it in on the bottom and bolt it on the top. We left it a little shorter on the top to bolt it and left the bottom stick out a little, heated it with a torch and bent it down with a hammer so nothing would catch on the plate. We have run it 2 years now with no problems. And the beauty with just laying a piece in is if it wears out, remove it and put a new one in!!

We had holes developing in the original floor, now with the plate over top it, it doesn't leak. ( A beauty with canola and other fine seed crops!)

We didn't remove the feederhouse drum to put it in. Don't believe the Case is that hard either, but I don't talk from experience either!!

Anyways, my 2 cents and experience. Hope it helps!!

·
Registered
105 Posts

I will have stainless steel floors available for sale sometime this winter. I can's say a price yet, I'm still working on that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts