The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Re: JD 60 series combines

I have read about it myself, and seen a picture or two of combines that caught on fire. I am not sure what the poly fuel tank has to do with things but I'm guessing deere is looking at changing them.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Local farm had a fire today w/one of theirs,9660 picking corn.. Havent heard anymore than that. Might take a look at it tomorrow..Defitnitly not the time of yr to have it happen...

·
Registered
55 Posts

Took a look and dont think it was fuel tank related.. The cab is beyond destroyed, and the right side paneling is melted away til about halfway back, all the chains and the metal paneling underneath are obvious all burnt up...The very backed where chaff comes out looked fine, but looked blacked and maybe scorched that might just be from smoke/heat...Terrible accident, luckily managed to get it to the rd and operator is ok.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts

I have seen a couple John Deeres burn to the ground in recent years. Its not a pretty sight. The first year the STSs came out I put out 2 fires on my machine in just a few days apart. I hate fires.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Gibbons, I TOTALLY agree with you about the fires. The mere threat is scary enough. Some fires can engulf and consume a machine in less than 2 minutes! Yes, it is NOT a pretty sight to witness a combine's charred remains. Please be very careful, everyone and keep combining safe and sane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts