The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: JD in action: 4435 and 4400 in soys

Some interesting finds there Sam. Isn't the 4435 a European model? It looks a lot like a European Combine.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Quote:Some interesting finds there Sam. Isn't the 4435 a European model? It looks a lot like a European Combine.

I would say so! Looks very much like the German made 1060 or 1070 series to me...

I had no idea that you were getting European JD combines over there - thought it was only the other way around

- Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts

"side screen" We call that a "flat fan". Yes that is a old 4400, note the door to the cab is open (no A/C). I hade a 3300 like that once (flat screen). Nothing but a bunch of trouble.(also no A/C)

That sure is an old head also, yellow real, pitman arm, no header control, been there done that, don't want to go back.

Nice pics you have been posting here! + 1 for ya.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Q: Why was it that the combines had to have the engine up next to the cab, for a periode??
I can't really see the good thing about it --> There's the noise and heat from the engine coming into the cab and you had the offset cab

Now WHY would you ever want all that???

- Peter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aging a 4400

A few quick things to notice. Prior to 1973 or so, the ladder landing did not have the offset to the rear. Also, the cab had a "beak" to the front, and the door would open to the rear, to pick up more dust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts