The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: John Deere or...

I'd go for Case IH, My only complaint about them is that their throat is to short, wich means you have to look practically straight down on the Comb to see it, hurts the neck apparently.

·
Registered
975 Posts

Quote:I'd go for Case IH, My only complaint about them is that their throat is to short, wich means you have to look practically straight down on the Comb to see it, hurts the neck apparently.

Really?? I don't have that problem on my 8010 as compared to my old 2188. It is alot futher out on the 8010.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

thats your only complaint on case combines??????????????????????

shakes head

have a good weekend... try not to tie your shoes

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts

Quote:If your precious John Deere combines,God forbid, were taken away from you and you couldn't get another, what kind of combine would you go to?

Always something i wanted to know.

Since this is a new thread I'm not sure who your directing this question to, I guess all John Deere owners?
590R.
Might anyway.
O, by the way my Deere's not all that precious to me. Like all farm equipment it's only capital.

Don

·
Registered
975 Posts

Can I vote???? I would get a CaseIH........
.......Oh wait I already have one.....
....sorry I guess I don't count....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well, Considering I have extremely little experience in Case IH Combines.

I'd like more time in them though, would be nice.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Sorry to hear about that guys problems hope's he get's things fixed..

And yeah i was going to say the same thing

Kubota makes a great 0 turn radius mower.. we love ours

Disel engine... only one belt... 2 counting the one on the motor..

very low maintence

Only problem we have is the battery cables suck!!!!!!!!!!

Besides that.. these things are awesome..

·
Registered
745 Posts

I would prefer those:

1. Claas Lexion Series
2. New Holland CR/CX Series
3. Case IH
4. John Deere
5....any other
I think JD should stick to tractors...

·
Registered
693 Posts

Been There, Done, That!

Except they weren't taken away, they left with smiles on all our faces.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

John Deeres definitely aren't precious. At least not to me. I'm about ready to haul my sts to the junk yard where it belongs.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Timely question for us as our JD 8820 w/930F was destroyed by fire in a beanfield on Sept 29.No personal injuries or crop loss but the machine is a total loss.Precious? I wouldn't say that about it but after running her for 14 seasons we got to know her well.

We'll probably get another Deere since our cornhead is still adaptable to even the latest Deere has to offer we're told.And we know our dealer well and the resaleability of the brand.Parts are getting harder to get though and Deere needs to reopen the Bloomington Mn. parts depot to cure this problem.But...back to the question.

If not a Deere then we'd go CaseIH if for no other reason than our favorite CIH dealer 70 miles E. of us in Redwood Falls MN.--Schoffman's,Inc. www.schoffmans.com . We've done business with them for 31 years and our good friend Pat and his crew are tops in sales,service and parts availability. And Pat always greets us at the door when we walk in.Any machine needs to have a strong dealer behind it.

Next on the list would be a Lexion. Claas builds a stout,well engineered machine but....I tink we'll see changes for this brand and it's dealership makeup.

Next I might try a Massey Rotary.We know a farmer who probably has more money than God and can and does pay cash for the latest and greatest technology but he keeps on running one of the 1st Massey Rotaries w/ a 6-row JD cornhead on the front.If it works for him then it's a good machine.

We have some time to look and today we went to 4 different Deere dealers.Each told us if we wanted a new Deere we'd have to order it by the end of next week to get delivery by mid-Sept '08.I wonder what's going on with that? Is it strong demand or just restricting production? Hmmmm.

We farm with many brands and aren't "color blind" so we could consider something else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts