The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Lousiana Ops with Photos

Nice to see others from Louisiana here. Im originally from Ville Platte but now I live in Lafayette. You must be from the Alexandria area.

Nice pictures. Those Egrets are butt ugly up close aren't they?

·
Registered
463 Posts

Ronf, thanks for the kind words.

In the photo of Ronnie, isnt the combine a 1600 series? Hydro handle and switches to the right look like 1600 series combine.

Justin

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:absolutely right...it was his dad's older 1680. I had the 2188 on my mind that they got rid of. Thanks for correction.

I haven't seen the insides of a 1680 in years. Actually the one I saw was 1688 that my cousin used to own. He traded to a 2188 and then the next year to a 2388 with duals. Now he's gone back to green with a 9660 sts.

Any rice up your way? Never been up there.

·
Registered
299 Posts

I've got to ask...in the pictures, the extra flashers that are mounted on the front of the 2388...what the reasoning behind haveing them there?.....never seen any up front other than the ones on the cab.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:I've got to ask...in the pictures, the extra flashers that are mounted on the front of the 2388...what the reasoning behind haveing them there?.....never seen any up front other than the ones on the cab.

The extra flashers you see are part of the dual tire package. At least, all the combines I saw with the duals had the extra flasthers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts