The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: New CIH combines brochures are out.

I find it odd that 2 engines are offered in the 88 series. why not all the 9.0L. I guess the same could be said about the magnums as well.

Note no 9120. But a track option for the 20 series. And a spring tensioned feeder chain adjustment. Kind of like our old TR85 had in 1983!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

I like medium well.. and Jack Daniels plz..

don't go overboard u can buy me the small bottle..

24.99 i think last time i got one..

·
Registered
159 Posts

Seems that there will be lots of steaks coming. I'll sell you a steer to butcher.

·
Registered
380 Posts

a good steak should never be cooked over medium...
It ruins it. My buddy told me that last year... what does he know he is only a state champ BBQ guru. seriously though I have converted so many well doners to medium its not funny. All it takes is one bite of the right cut and they are hooked. my .02

·
Registered
32 Posts

Local salesman dropped one of the brochures off yesterday along with a qoute on a 8120.

A 2009 8120 equiped the way we would want it (which I would say would be a typical corn/soybean combine) had a list price of $331,000 Funny thing was that he would not give us a trade price at this time yet even though we can tell him pretty much exactly how many hours our 8010 will have on it after this fall. He said he could probably give us a trade qoute in about a month. I think they are waiting to see what programs will be coming out.

·
Registered
632 Posts

On Mar.4 we attended a dealer promo/pancake feed as I stated earlier. There were 2 presenters from CIH who'd just returned from the Orlando meeting. One of them gave us the new #'s for the combines but very little more info on them.
The #'s he gave are as follows:
Sooo....either the co. presenters will need ketchup to eat "crow" with for being wrong on the 9120 or CIH decided at the last moment to drop the 9120 or there's gonna be just a sprinkling of these and the 16 row cornheads out as prototypes.Only time will tell.

But at least they were right on the track option.

Oh Btw...I like my steak medium well with a Windsor 7 or a Budweiser.

·
Registered
632 Posts

as of december 21 that was the model numbers. they changed to the 5088 6088 7088 7120 8120 9120 right after that I had a nervous call from my friend not liking the numbers. told me all about it but DON"T TELL ANYONE. MY 9120 will be built in June and yes I have a 3416 only 4 in 08 they will be out in 09. what I said at the time was correct. it just changed, politics

·
Registered
632 Posts

Imo there's usually a reason or two for co.'s to "leak" this info out ahead of time. It's guage public reaction to it and to show them that they have something "big" in the pipeline to try to dissuade them from buying a competitive brand. So the customer waits a little longer.My guess is that they'll make a formal late season introduction for the 9120 sometime in late Dec. of '08 or Jan.-Feb. '09 after the prototypes have been used and abused a little more.And then we'll see updated brochures.

Imo, for all we know, they could still be testing these new 'bines in the Brazilian and Argentine corn and soybean harvests. Incognito of course. It'd be a lot easier to break it and fix the problem now before they go into full general production.
Just my .02

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

their are 60 9010's in europe I think that will be plenty of testing. the 9080 NH has the 12.9 L engine as well but belts won't hold her

·
Registered
301 Posts

I don't know if I want to know how much tracks with a red leather seat would cost. I am afraid I will find out...

I might have to call it karmic payback for years of not having the best toy in the sandbox...

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

I don't recall the seat but the tracks are $46000. suppose IH told their dealers to give a lot of new toys to their best customers kids?! dads did FT

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

I think that seat was a 2,500 or 3 gran option i asked about it one time..

on something else...

·
Registered
475 Posts

No press release on the Case website, so when are they officially announcing the new combines? And when will pricing be released?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Like I said in an earlier post, a salesman dropped off a new brochure and qoute on a 2009 8120 about two weeks ago. List price (equiped as we like it) was around $331,000. They were not willing to give a trade price at this time since they didn't know what the programs were yet.

I don't know why they don't have the information on the website yet.

·
Registered
475 Posts

I spoke with a salesman today. They had their introduction meeting in Saskatoon yesterday. Said price for 6088 is expected to be 6% higher than 2588. There is a pre-sell discount of 2% now, but he doesn't have pricing yet. Figure that one out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts