The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: New Combine prices

Quote:i don't understand what you mean by that??
Check this thread in a day or two and it will be more clear.

<-- Doesn't roll new 'flows, so I have no idea on $/hr.

-Lance

·
Registered
32 Posts

We are going from a 2006 8010 to a 2008 spec'd out exactly the same. It is going to cost us about $95 per hour.

We did ask three dealers last year about trading the 2006 for a 2007. Two dealers gave qoutes of $140 and $135 per hour. The third dealer wouldn't even give us a qoute. Said he didn't really want a one year old 8010 and that we would be crazy to trade for what he would offer.

Glad we waited another year.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Yes, I was talking seperator hours. I think on combines that is pretty much the number that most people worry about unless the engine hours are way out of line high.

No leases here. We used to trade 2388's every year as it always seemed to work out really well financially. For some reason, on the 8010's every two years seems like it is going to be that magic number. Apparently one year old 8010's are too new for most people. It seems that the buyers for 8010's either will order a new one or if they are buying used they want at least 600-700 hours on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Are you talking engine or seperator hours? Most dealers in my area are running about $100/ seperator hour on year old machines.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

I'm assuming you're talking about lease prices? I've rolled a lot of things but never a combine

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Quote:Yes, I was talking seperator hours. I think on combines that is pretty much the number that most people worry about unless the engine hours are way out of line high.

No leases here. We used to trade 2388's every year as it always seemed to work out really well financially. For some reason, on the 8010's every two years seems like it is going to be that magic number. Apparently one year old 8010's are too new for most people. It seems that the buyers for 8010's either will order a new one or if they are buying used they want at least 600-700 hours on it.

My logic seems to lead me to think that guys are still a little leary of the early 8010s problems stil being present in these later combines so they feel that by 600+/- hours the bugs should be out of them. Whether that's true or not I don't know but every two years isn't too bad either for combines.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Alex some of the reasoning i think is still in the size of an 8010. my thought is that of the people that need this big of a machine most would rather go new than 300 hrs. when you get that second year on it it starts to get to that area where a guy looking to go to a new or year old 23-2588 it is comparable in value. Also with the 7010 out there now a guy might prefer to run a new one of them for similar money as a 1 year old 8010.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

any 8010 that is certified and updated is no piece of junk. just besure the updates are done. my 2004 with 2000 hrs on it will be at the dealers before long, we'll see what it brings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts