The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: New Deere Products For 2008

You weren't paying close enough attention.

- BIG improvements to the Corn Heads. Easy of Service, Tranport, performance, etc. Not an upgrade, a complete;y new unit. I was quite impressed with the new features.

- Combines, minimal changes on the 95 & 96, but the 97 and 98 do get some good updates. The 9770 is now on par with the 9860STS, and the 9870STS gets some tweaking/Add Ons to the clean grain system to handle more crop and increase separation area. Larger Clean Grain augers and a faster Clean Grain Elevator. No bigger bin, no higher unloading rate. I've heard there are more updates for next year's 2009 Models. All 70 Series get some good updates to the cab controls, chopper, etc.

7530? What class were you in? 7430 is 140 PTO HP, that's the top small 7030 Premium model. 7530 is Europe-only.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts

i was in the intro- no classes yet.

We were told there was a 150 horsepower premium tractor. I didnt pay attention to the model- assumed it was a 75.

Excuse me for having an opinion on new products-
I realize the row unit is new and new knife roll options might help. But corn heads arent rocket science. Geringhoff builds the best head anyway. The 5 or however many speed it is drive is nice, but still nothing to variable speed drives on competitve machines.
What do you mean by improvements in transport? It doesnt fold?

Moving the display to the end of the right hand console looks very familiar (Lexion CEBIS) except now an operator has three cornerpost screens to watch, plus greenstar, and the new screen. Older operators wont appreciate.

I was too busy listening to the humerous statements about Deere's "Integrity" and how they "Appreciate their dealers (hope they treat their canadian dealers better than us guys in the us)" To notice such specific things.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Quote:Just saw them. No great improvements. Corn Heads just redesigned. 9870 has 440 Horsepower and 480 When Running a 12 row chopping corn head. Steps in the grain tank. New track tractors have suspension nearly identical to Chalmers walking beam truck axles with air bags on one side. 7030 Series up to 150 Horsepower in the 7530. New mower condtioners and frontier hay equipment. Deere now has a cotton picker that builds round modules. New forage harvesters (still no where close to claas) no major improvements on those.

on the bright side, deere will still hold your money together better than any other line or equipment

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

So have they added Clean grain capacity to there combines or not?

Im not hateing....im just asking... a honest question out of curiosity.

Also ive seen the cotton picker in the factory and that things awesome looking.

Pretty cool machine

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes, larger clean grain augers and a faster elevator, 35% faster at getting the grain to the bin.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Is there anything new on the tillage side? Re-introduce the 12 bottom plow? How about Apex 2.0? In May they said by mid summer, but my mind heard October. Sure would be nice not to have to scramble in 3 weeks to get everyting ready. Again.

·
Registered
607 Posts

All of that from a Gleaner fan. What was the last good thing they did? They just put new stickers on unpainted metal.

How come there are some many green combines out their in farmers fields and on custom cutter fleets if they are so far behind? The outnumber every other combine out their at least 3 to 2

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Well in southern ill there's not AGCO hardly unless you count a F2 gleaner.

Also all of the companies are kinda not listening to the farmer on there combines and not makeing changes...

Unless its a class 7 or 8 then it seems like they will do anything for ya.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

We have no new Gleaners at all in most of Oklahoma and Kansas now. I see plenty of Deere and Case-IH machines, so they must be doing something right.

I'm not saying this to knock down Gleaners. They are still as good a combine as any here, but AGCO sure lacks dealers in the south central Plains. This is especially frustrating for those around who still have or just want to keep their older combines, too, because at one time, it was Gleaners and Masseys that reigned in this region.

·
Registered
16 Posts

i heard in cincinnati the new cotton picker was based at $570,000. You'll actually save money with less labor and less work if ya think about it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

9870STS Only:
- New 13.5L Engine, 440HP or 480HP with IPM and 612C Stalkmaster Head.
- The DynaFlow II system has been improved with ICC (Increased Cleaning Capacity). Several redesigned components and increased fan and shaker pan stroke, plus 1,100 sq inches of increased Chaffer area give it more cleaning capacity. To break it all down:

- 12% Higher Fan Speed, 10% more air flow to front chaffer
- Redesigned Upper Fan Throat
- 1,100 sq in Front Chaffer Extension with wind dams
- Front Chaffer Air Diverter
- Extended Sieve Nose Wind Deflector
- New Design Grain Pan Diverter
- Larger, Higher Velocity Sieve Stroke (more agressive separation, didn't Deere already try this with the Titan II Series and they ended up changing them all back because the shakers shook themselves apart?)
- High Inertia Drive System (big cast iron pulley)

96, 97 & 9870s get larger, faster Lower Clean Grain Augers, increased Elevator speeds and a larger, faster Fountain Auger in the bin. This gives a 35% increase in Grain Handling Capacity to the bin. 9770STS gets a 20HP boost up to 360HP with the 9.0L engine, and is considered comparable to what the 9860STS is now. The Bin size and unloading system are unchanged, and yes, I do think this was a bit of a mistake, as the rest of the 9870 sounds like a good step towards addressing what the competition is doing. All Deere really needs to do is add bigger factory bin extensions, the same as most guys put on aftermarket anyways. Adding 50-75bu to the bin is really a piece of cake... Also, increasing the Unloading Auger speed to 3.6bu/sec or so wouldn't be very hard either. Still not as fast as AGCO, but a step up over the 60 Series. But at least now we can say with confidence that there is more difference between the 97 and the 98 than just a bigger engine.

All 70s get a new chopper design with 35% fewer blades, longer, serrated, wear-resistant surfacing, more consistant length of cut and 15% less HP requirements. They also get the new CommandCenter in the cabs, and revised controls, and corner post displays.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

so is the 2310 a replacement for the 726 soil finisher or am i way off? i figured the 2310 would've been a new cultivator seeing as the old one is a 2210, and the soil finishers are 726's so i would assume the new ones would be a 730 or sometin close.

thats my only problem with john deere, they cant make corresponding numbers for new models...they skip hundreds at a time and it confuses ya until its posted on their website.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yes, the 2310 replaces the 726.

They're using 2010 Numbers for Tilliage equipment right now. They have:

2110 = Eventually will probably be an Improved 2100 Ripper)
2210 = Cultivator (Improved 2200)
2310 = Mulch Finisher
2410 = Chisel Plow
2510S = New Strip Till Seeder
2610 = Not Used
2710 = Eventually will probably be an Improved 2700 Mulch Ripper
2810 = Molboard Plow
2910 = Not Used

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

thanks man, now we wont get funny looks in december when we take our 33'9" 726 soil finisher in to the dealer to trade it off for a new one, lol.

What do they make that'll pull a 45' soil finisher? Our 360hp 9300 lugs down quite a bit going 8.5mph in soft/damp sandy loam...

Also, will they still have the hyd. adjustable front gang?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts