8820 cutting wheat
[im
g][/img]

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Old Johns out in action please show'em

I'm going slightly off topic here....

I have a friend in Rising City, NE who bought a 1942 John Deere B in July 2005 and completely restored it.

The end result took 1 year and 3 months and that was him doing it in between harvest, seeding etc...

Enjoy...

Before:

After:

- Gordon

·
Registered
778 Posts

That's a nice resto job. Decals, gauges, and all. Pretty quick too, considering he farmered in between.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Nice combines Hogman2002.I like seeing old 7700s out.i remember when those were the combine to have and now look,they are a mere lawnmower compared to these new ones.We ran a 6600 for about ten years.The cleanest wheat sample of any combine in the area.I liked it.It ran good and threshed good.Only thing I didn't care for was that noisy as heck motor by the cab.
P.S.-do you draw straws to see who gets to run the 4020 on the cart???

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

I agree with Bighp6030. I learned to cut on a 6600 Deere. The first one I ran was a 1971. The one I really loved, and logged the most hours on, was a 1975, the same year as that 7700.

Maybe they are old and grossly outsized now, but there's still a certain character to the old 00 Series Deere's that is quite desirable.

·
Registered
144 Posts

The grain cart usually just gets left on the turn row in case we don't have a truck to dump into. When we do dump on the go, we try to set it up so the wind is blowing away from the tractor driver. But now that we bought a 4960, we should be able to dump when ever, where ever.
The 7700 is in real good shape for it's age. I has about 3200hrs. on the clock. Too bad they didn't make an 8800.
I've been thinking about selling the 7700 and getting an 8820 Titan II. Or maybe a 9600. But I doubt I could get what I wanted for the 7700. Plus, my dad has a hard time keeping up with the trucks the way it is.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Cool! Oldies!! My 95-H in the late afternoon:

.....and down on a hill, where she belongs!!

A great combine!! Simple, easy to work on...made me a lot of money.
Last of the 95-H's...Diesel, pivot pin header, two speed leveling and
plenty of power!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

A really neat 105 that I downloaded from Farmphoto.....from a farmer
down in Texas I think....anyway a really cherry old machine.
Hopefully he is on to this site and will post up some more of this
one.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Added an '02 ( kept the 95-H) Here is my son Brad at work on a pretty good east slope.

.....leveled close to the max of 44%.....

....coming back .......

·
Registered
62 Posts

I am told I am the proud owner of two late model 95Hs. I just have to go get them here, a few miles from my house. I would like to have an earlier model roundback 95H. My uncle has a couple sitting at his place. I might have go put the mooch on him when the weather gets better.
That guy at ytmag is two and a half-three hours from here by Ford Super Duty. That is a week by 95H. A 95H is much to big for me to haul with anything I have.
That guy doesn't know what he has and how much fun he could have. Much to nice of a machine to part it out from looks of it. There are still a lot of those 95Hs still around here. Some still use them for peas and lentils. Not as rare and hard to find parts for as he says, in my opinion.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Here are a couple of old 55H model John Deere combines resting in peace right now. The nearest one is in very good shape. Trying to add one of these to my collection someday.

·
Registered
521 Posts

Awesome pics, 98j...well, to everyone that posted some pics!

I, too, [mainly] learned to harvest on a JD 6600!! Those machines were unstoppable! I also used to sit on my grandfather's lap, and he would let me cut "the corners" during wheat harvest on his ol' 95. Great machines!

PS* The pics of the combine(s) on the hills are ~great~! There are not any hills around here ..[hills] growing crops, anyway..

·
Registered
166 Posts

yea buddy that what i learned on aint nothin like those good old 7720's and 95

·
Registered
50 Posts

This is a 55H, neat story behind it too, thats my dad driving it a couple years ago, for some reason we planted a few hundred acres of wheat, << very rare we plant any, anyway,
That combine he started with, got rid of it, and sold to a neighbor bout 20 miles away from the farm, well the guy he sold it to retired and dad bought it back for sentimental reasons, and without a hitch it ran!!! for a lil while anyway

Like old times~

This is our generation photo
the 9500SH following up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts