The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Out with old, in with the new(er).

GREAT looking machine! Maybe duals are common around your part of the world, but I am the ONLY person with duals around here!
I too want to know how many hours are on the combine. It looks new to me.

·
Registered
504 Posts

Which Greenway store did you get it from? Just wondering if it came from my area.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So do you need to change your signature, or do you have another 2388 "hid out" around there somewhere?

I hope you got a good trade-deal...

·
Registered
298 Posts

Nice machine. Will this one run the stripper or will that job go on the 2188? We run our stripper on the 9660 sts my cousin got back in 04 and are very impressed with the performance. I have also heard that the AFX was not a popular combine for rice, I think that is why my cousin switched from his 2388 with duals to the 9660. He decided against duals on the deere though, just said that he didn't need them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Russ:
oops..my bad..
better read a little closer!

does the 2188 have duals, also?
How many acres will the JD see annually?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I suppose I will be called
stupid
, but since I am TOTALLY unfamiliar with rice, would you please explain "lions share"..??

I suppose I ought to know, but I don't...
Thanks in advance, Russ, for the explanation.

PS* Russ, check your PMs

·
Registered
504 Posts

Ok, I have a buddy that farms up near Osceola and has 2 9760's. This past year they stripped rice with it until the dome wore through on the header... So they swapped over and were going to go into the beans. Just put the brand new 35 foot flex on when the right front wheel popped off going down the highway right in front of their shop. It might have had 100 hours on it when this happened. It totalled the header and Greenway did the work to repair the mess and they got a 9860 to finish out the year with. Towards the end they did get the wrecked one back but they didn't put anywhere near 400 hours on it.

Thats what had me worried. I sure hoped you didn't get that wrecked one. My buddy said that it looked like new when they were finished but I'd imagine there were a few gremlins that didn't get caught when they fixed it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

RiceMan, Don't get Russ all scared!
Did the combine that you talked about have duals? Seems like both wheels on the right side would have to come off in order for something to be damaged..??

Russ: +1 for those pics, bud...I find myself going back again and again..admiring your new JD. I am kind of afraid that your pics may have just cost me about $120k! (I may have to go ahead and trade!) If your combine did not have duals on it, I probably would not keep looking..I made up my mind a long time ago that I will never own another combine without duals! Oh what a sweet ride!~

·
Registered
588 Posts

Why are the 8010's not working in rice?
How many bu/hr can you run with a stripper head in rice?

I had a 05 9760 and traded on a 06 9760 after the crank problem surfaced. They certainly seem like a hungry machine but I would not want to try and outrun a 8010 in corn, won't happen. I guess it might happen when the service truck shows up for the 8010, our machine worked flawless on nearly 3000 acres this year...very pleased.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Just a FYI, but Budweiser recently announced that they were going to start making beer out of grain sorghum/milo, too. I don't know if it will help the market/price of milo, though; as the price of milo is directly related to that of corn. They said they were going to start making it for those people that were allergic to [some of] the other ingredients in regular.. horse whiz..I mean Bud.

"Yeah, if you are allergic to regular beer, we will come up with something else...one way or the other, we want you hooked on beer!"
LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts

Quote:RiceMan, Don't get Russ all scared!
Did the combine that you talked about have duals? Seems like both wheels on the right side would have to come off in order for something to be damaged..?

35.5x32 singles. So when she went down, it hit HARD. Twisted the throat and put about a foot rise on the right hand side of the header frame. He's got a few photos and ifi I see him I'll get them and scan them to here.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

whoops...well, we're gonna get off-topic, now; but I just have to know about the "crank problem" that you are referring to, KinzePower..sounds like there is a crank problem in the 05's..Is this problem present in other year models? Is it limited to the 9760, only? What about the 9660? please advise!

·
Registered
588 Posts

I'm pretty sure the crank problems were only in 05 year machines, but as stated above it was isolated to the 8.1 L motors. These motors were in alot of different machines though, all combines except the 9860, and tractors from the 7820 to 8530 I believe. It was not all of these made in 05, but alot were affected...our combine was one, but not anymore.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:
Quote:Just a FYI, but Budweiser recently announced that they were going to start making beer out of grain sorghum/milo, too. I don't know if it will help the market/price of milo, though; as the price of milo is directly related to that of corn. They said they were going to start making it for those people that were allergic to [some of] the other ingredients in regular.. horse whiz..I mean Bud.

"Yeah, if you are allergic to regular beer, we will come up with something else...one way or the other, we want you hooked on beer!"
LOL

im pretty familiar with the regular stuff, but id like to try out this milo beer.

Im sure it won't get me any drunker any faster, but it would be interesting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts