The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: prototype

I was going to ask if it was a 6010 before I scrolled down, sounds like it would be.... I've heard they are wanting the 88 series to be obsolete so take the 88 series and reskin it and tweak a few things and wala you have a 10 series, but what are they going to do with the 77/66 series? Make 8010, 8009, 8008's? or just have the 10 series?

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:seen what looked like a 8010 yesterday by fort benton mt.the sides were all tarped in and the back end looked like a 2388.

A little birdy told me that case is taking a 2588, beefing up all the drives, slapping in a big engine and calling it a 6010, maybe. That same little birdy told me that it acts like a JD now--big power, lots of snozz, but too small of cleaning area and if you start pushing it---it throws grain out the back.

this may or may not be the combine you saw---if it had either a 35 foot MacDon FD70 or D60 (i forget which one they were running on it but it was an NG MacDon) than it probably was this machine.

DID U GET PICTURES---EVERYONE LOVES PICTURES

·
Registered
137 Posts

What they should do is put some plastic on the outside, paint it like an 8010 and stop! Don't screw up a great combine, forget the bells and whistles, stop turning up the hp every year, just leave it alone. it will still sell. But they won't, they'll screw it up for sure.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:What they should do is put some plastic on the outside, paint it like an 8010 and stop! Don't screw up a great combine, forget the bells and whistles, stop turning up the hp every year, just leave it alone. it will still sell. But they won't, they'll screw it up for sure.

Everyone is screwing up... AGCO seems to have it figured out though it appears... can the A-85/9895 or whatever/660B compete vs. an 8010?

·
Registered
318 Posts

What is screwing all companies up is the lack of a smaller 200bu. range combine... Noone can afford them any more except the bigger guys... true, older combines would last about 2 or 3x as longer as a new one, but...
What size would the 6010 be? 5?
What about the 6520, what makes it so special?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

LOL>>..6510,5010,6010,7010,8010,9010...

uhh

What????

I doubt there going to make 8 different combines what are we agco?

Also Agco has things figured out???

thats why im seeing there combines all over the place and dealers popping up..

Anyway's...didn't really want to start a war here..but that came to mind when i read about how great agco is

im sure there will be a 6010,7010,8010 and 9010..

Not sure why anyone would want a 9010...Sounds too big to mee..

Sorry but my 8010 with huge capacity and 450 hp just isn't enuff????

Also yeah it would be nice for some if they would sell a new small combine but its not going to happpen just for the same reason its not..

U Can buy a bigger combine a few years old and use it for a decent price..

There's not alot of farmers in the first place so only the big guys will survive...

They could market a 4010 but not sure how that would work

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

6520 will be like a 88 witha 8010 cab and electronics will it have cvt's ? I don't know they need to keep the weight down for transport as for a 9010 you'll need it for a 16 row corn head esp if corn yields keep going up. I would suspect 300 bpa pretty common in next 10 yrs take a lot of machine to harvest it.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I got to see one of these machines last week on the custom cutter run. The serial # plate indicated it was a 6520. I never took any pics. of the machine as there was always someone from CNH around it when I saw it. Besides, CNH knows who I am, where I work, etc., so it wouldn't take them long to "contact" me if I did post any pictures of this machine.

In a nutshell, its a crossbreed between the 23/2588 series and the 70/8010 series. Its more or less a 23/2588 with the following parts looking like they came from the 70/8010 series: grain tank, rear axle, styling/side panels. It had a Cummins/Case 9L engine, no CVT drives, and a feeder adapter that was common to the 70/8010 feeder adapter(would make all combines/heads interchangeable)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Well the 7010 and 8010 are pre-existing, probably just some updates and a new number to the 20 series. The 2577 and 2588 would likely become the 5020 and 6020. Maybe they will just throw more HP at a 8010 and call it a 9020.

If SDman saw some serial number plate, then most likely the 6520 will exist. As for a 7520, I guess that depends on what all come standard with the 500 series. Maybe 4wd will be standard on those or something, maybe more HP. Who knows. Anybody that does know isn't going to talk, so it is all speculation at this point.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

i make no speculations their will be a 6520 and a 9010 I have first hand information. as to specs CaseIH boys are close lipped. they, need a 9010 to compete with a 590 lexion , most of the rest of the biggies need to beef up their feeder drive to run the 40' corn heads floating around. heck I'm not going to get smaller you have to modify a 8010 to pick up a 18r 20 gerringhoff

ever sense my 915 you've had modify these machines to keep pace. chains to belts gas to diesel gear drive to hydro heck some of you youngsters don't know what problems with combine are. You all need to run a New Idea uni system for a while to appreciate what we have now

·
Registered
25 Posts

I got that close to that machine because I was working on the 6 2588s that were working with this machine. Our dealership sold those machines. This was in the central SD area a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Hey SD man

Is it true the 2588 is simply the same combine we all have been ordering all along when we got 2388's

Bin extension and ect..ect...

Also i know the 20% more improved clean grain elevator slip clutch is thanks to washers....

Anything else about these nice??

I know last year's model i come to really like that new lil black box in the corner..

For some reason our oil cooler went bad and that box flashed and i shut it down right away...Sure enuff it saved the engine..

Dealer came out and did a awesome job and then some and never had any more issues..

Thanks ahead of time..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts