The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: safety

Watch when moving those augers too!!!

We lost two brothers in the neighborhood about two weeks ago. They were pushing a transport auger by hand up to a bin. Got too close to an electric line. The power company said that the auger didn't even touch the line, within foot or two. Killed them both intstantly. Their father was a 100 feet away working on the combine and saw it happen.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

Quote:Watch when moving those augers too!!!

We lost two brothers in the neighborhood about two weeks ago. They were pushing a transport auger by hand up to a bin. Got too close to an electric line. The power company said that the auger didn't even touch the line, within foot or two. Killed them both intstantly. Their father was a 100 feet away working on the combine and saw it happen.

OMG! I did'nt hear about that part of the story. That poor man, I feel for him and the rest of his family. That is unreal.

I made up my mind a long time ago that I'd rather deal with the consequences of not getting done or being late, than to deal with the consequences of a critical injury or death. I just plain wont push myself that hard anymore.

·
Registered
192 Posts

A father & son got killed the same way back in the 80's in my area and someone had a antena of the combine thouching a high line, got, to check the seive's passed the way the same way. A person can't stress safety more then I see in a day.It scares me to se how people act around machineary and don't give a ---- so if anyone looks at this post. Remember slow down life is worth living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts