The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: **STS and Walker add-on parts list thread

Just a bit of feedback on the Loewen concaves & threshing elements. Quite simply, the differance is amazing. Thrash wheat at 750rpm, very little returns (which has been a big problem for the STS since day dot) virtually no cracked grain, greater capacity and the one that really surprised me, much less HP required & consequently a noticable decline in fuel use. Even in traditionally hard to thrash wheat - no trouble at all. Corn is a breeze - beautifull sample. I will run them in the rice soon, I expect them to be much better than the standard JD rice bars on the STS.

·
Registered
475 Posts

For powertrain, what about hotboxes/chips to crank up the horsepower?

·
Registered
475 Posts

I know that they are out there, but I don't know any brand names.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Just curious if anyone can relate engine fires to having a chip? I know of one that burned and the guy says it started in the insulation that surrounds the turbo. I guess the theory is that more fuel with out more air brings up the egt to where the insulation catches fire. I have no clue what brand of chip/box it was or whether this is fact or just speculation.

·
Registered
139 Posts

hey , kinda curious about the insulation that caught on fire????I work on all jd combines , from 1970 to present day sts" never have seen any insulation around the turbo area. also i dont support the use of chips of any kind, because of legal reasons with emissions etc. ,how ever if you look up bullydogs web site you maybe presently surprised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts