The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: sts vs afx 2388

i recall you saying you had 4 deeres and traded them on cih? whats your deal man, can't make your mind up? like the your post in the tractor section wanting to compare quadtracs to mt's to jd's yet you apparently own a jd??

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

2388...More cleaning capacity and the afx rotor is really nice. U always know how things wear cause thats not changed since the 1480's... and they handle 36ft drapers really well!!!

Do you have a better dealer on either side?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yes it is. but you mentioned a few weeks ago that you traded 4 jd sts's on 4 red ones. is that true or did it happen on your dream farm?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

fair enuff. it just seems like you start these comparison threads all over the boards which either end up in color wars or appear like you are in the market for everything.

·
Registered
998 Posts

So really, we have achieved nothing here at the moment
I am biased (first to admit it), but a few things to consider would be ease of serviceability, set up, feeding, separation area, wear points, re-sale etc. I feel that the Case IH has these features + more over the STS. My opinion comes from first hand knowledge of working on and operating both breeds. The Deeres have "some" good features, but to me don't outweigh those of the red ones. A lot of the time now it comes down to price, availabilty, dealer - or what daddy and his daddys daddy had

A little off track here, but I know a bloke who in the last 7 years has had an 88, then went to a 9750, then a Massey now getting a New Holland.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I rented a 2588 from machinery link because they had all their green combines spoken for when I rented(it was very close to harvest starting). Had issues with chopper shafts breaking(two of them)but other than that was very impressed. I own a 9610 my brother owns a 9650 walker and he rents a 9770 from ML. In our opinion, the 2588 is superior to our deeres and to his ML deere. Very easy to set and the sample in the bin is always better in our situation(dryland wheat in the 30-50 bushel range). If we had dealer suport for red ones we would own them but we dont. It works out on the lease machine because they take care of any issues with their traveling mechanics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts