The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Tire ? on 2388 RWD

Those flaps are cut so that they can move around. If they ride up on the tire when you turn all the way, then what is it hurting?

As long as your right rear tire isn't hitting the return elevator when you turn all the way to the right, then everything should be fine.

-Lance

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Tire ? on 2388 RWD

First off, with the RWA axle on the Axial Flow combines, do NOT change the dish of the wheels in any axle position, you want those tires to be dished in all the time. If you dish them out to move the axle tread setting out, it throws those back tires into a whole new arc when they are turned, increasing stress on the knuckles and rim centers and causing interference between the right tire and tailings elevator door as Lance mentioned.

As for tires hitting the rubber residue flaps, it won't hurt anything if they do that, but with some people its an appearance deal that in unacceptable. Off the top of my head 144" is the axle setting for the tires to clear the flaps (don't hold me to that, its been awhile), you'll need to insert steering hose extensions to get the axle spread that far as the stock hoses won't reach.

To combat the rear axle pileup, I've seen several people bolt on extra rubber to the bottom of the existing flaps. Don't use one single piece, use several pieces around 6-8 inches wide. The use of the curved spreader bats also helps some in getting that straw out of the area, while giving a very nice spread pattern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts