The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: trouble getting sorghum into the feederhouse

our 1460 with our 20 foot 810 will do the same thing and it has the little auger in it we have the drum stop in the mid position seems like whatever we do it will plug up in the front and we have the smooth feeder house chain, in our 1660 with a 17.5 1020 head it has no problem in milo it will just eat the heck out of it so we dont know if its the big auger or the serrated feeder house chain

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

we messed with the auger timing also but it didnt seem to make a lot of difference, well in our sales brochure from back in the day it says a 810 head 20'-30' had the 24" auger and the smaller heads have a 20" auger but i know ours has the smaller auger and we have no idea why

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

well go find a big auger the famers around here got them with small augers then since they were troublr feeding they all switched to the big auger and they said it was a really big difference i think the big auger is livke 28" auger in it i have no idea

·
Registered
159 Posts

I don't know anything about sorghum but my old 810 would do that in barley if I picked up any dirt. It would gradually build up in the center until it wold wrap on the auger. I rocked my header back a hole so that my cutter bar isn't as close to the ground. when I switched over to the 1010 I haven't had any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts