The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Truck and combine collide

I guess that's where parts combines come from! Somebody would be glad to pick away at the parts on that thing!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts

[/quote]

you should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

[/quote]

Um, welcome to the forum, you certainly seem the friendly sort

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

If the driver/passenger of that pickup walked away from that, they were very lucky

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

There was no passenger in that truck.
Good thing, it would have been a one way trip.

Don

Another thing, what's that second link got to do with this story?

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

That is NOT the same pic sent to me by the original poster of this accident, over a month ago. Here, it does not look as bad as what the kid who lives nearby showed me on the video. He said there was a trailer involved, too, even though you could not tell so clearly from the first video, but his pics sure had it.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Here are some pics of the accident that I received in an e-mail. Definitely shows a little more detail, pretty scary.

That cab doesn't look quite as roomy anymore. Makes me feel claustrophobic just looking at it.

Note the hitch and part of the receiver still attached to the trailer.

I can't see that the trailer did as much damage as you claim Combiness. Other that the spreader being bent up and some sheet metal/plastic damage it looks pretty good given the circumstances. No visible frame damage here.

Not sure how you miss a combine when pulling out into an intersection but somehow this guy did. Maybe he didn't see that stop sign? Certainly lucky to have made it out with only minor injuries!

·
Registered
620 Posts

Local word has it the trailer was borrowed by truck owner to haul way to much material and did not have a brake controller in the truck. Trailer being overloaded and no brakes working on the trailer , trailer pushed the truck into intersection into the path of the on coming combine.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Could you post these details that you speak of Combiness? Or machoosh? I'm not calling B.S. here or anything, I just find it hard to believe from the pictures that it's a total write off. Obviously things could be a whole lot worse than what can be seen from the surface and at a distance.

I guess I'd just like to know the rest of the story.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Here's the original post link, Stubble:

http://thecombineforum.com/index.cgi?board=dedecker&action=display&thread=15218

Like you, I questioned how could the bine be so badly damaged. My first reply indicated the combine apparently sustained no major damage, but sure resembles a lion chomping a young warthog.

In chat, a few days later, he told me just how the trailer had whipped around, crushing the combine's side and springing its frame. My heart sank. He sent me some pics, but now I know those were from another wreck, because they do not match the above ones. I only wish I had saved them, but I just tend to delete gross stuff.

Anyway, just from the original YT video clip, you cannot see anything of the trailer anyway, nor the other side of the combine.

I'm just greatly relieved to hear the "rest" of the story was misconstrued and all.

The combine is still okay after all, as I had also originally thought.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Thanks for the info and sorry, I had no idea there was another thread going on this. Guess I didn't search back far enough, only found this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Heard a couple weeks ago someone picked up this combine for $35,000 from the insurance company and is running this year in beans and corn.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts