The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Wheats growing like crazy

nice looking wheat what is your planting rate plants/squarefoot or pounds /acre.

Bo

·
Registered
975 Posts

Quote:first picture is Hard Red winter wheat 145 pounds / acre
second picture Soft Red winter wheat 125 pounds / acre
third picture is dog he's 57 pounds

....Now thats funny....

Do you put all your N on at on time? Reason I ask is we put some on in the fall with dry fertilizer, and the rest on in the spring with a split app. with our sprayer.

·
Registered
578 Posts

d**n those are high seeding rates compared to west texas standards must rain where you are
60-70 is avg here

·
Registered
975 Posts

Quote:damn those are high seeding rates compared to west texas standards must rain where you are
60-70 is avg here

Our wheat is drilled at 150# per acre. One 75 acre field this year we tried almost 200# per acre. We apply about 30# of N dry in the fall and a split application of about 100# (40# first shot +60# second shot) in the spring. We are going to try two shots of 60# this year.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

Quote:first picture is Hard Red winter wheat 145 pounds / acre
second picture Soft Red winter wheat 125 pounds / acre
third picture is dog he's 57 pounds

Looks like your dog taking up A square foot,43560X57=2,482,920 pounds/acre. Hey don't look at me, you started it. Good pictures, even better line. And don't give me that, That's not my dawg line!

Don

·
Registered
664 Posts

unlike most people think, cloning will not give you a replica of your dog. hair color / patter is a phenotype trait. you would only get a genetic replica. the dogs attitude and colors will be purely environmental. cloning also introduces more problems with the animals later in life.

Matt

·
Registered
189 Posts

Quote:damn those are high seeding rates compared to west texas standards must rain where you are
60-70 is avg here
Then you get into dryland and we plant 30-35 and acre.I can go along time on a drill box of seed!!!!

Good looking wheat though,hope you make a crop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts