The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: When will Deere offer a True Class 8?

making to much money pulling the green wool over everyones eyes

·
Registered
47 Posts

To me one thing that neeeds to happen is a true clear class defininition. Just how many inches of thrashing area, cleaning area, hp, grain tank capacity, clean grain elevators, unloading capacity and so on. Make a clear and detailed industry standard that everyone has to live by. Until you throw it in everyones face what the true measuring limits are mfg can really call anything what ever class they want to as long as it fits a few loose parameters. Until you put them on the spot they will never step up and really build what is needed. So many times mfg just throw hp at things and that is supposed to fix everything and it will a little bit but really it creates more problems that it fixes. Sorry for the rant but with the $$$ these machines cost the industry should do more to deliver what they say they are delivering...

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts

you're lucky that with the 70 series its a class 7 with more power. the 50 and 60 series it was a class 6 with more power to make a class 8!

·
Registered
530 Posts

They dont really need to make a class 8 at this point to keep up with the competition,, they sell more combines than any other MFG. in the world.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:They dont really need to make a class 8 at this point to keep up with the competition,, they sell more combines than any other MFG. in the world.

Well said. Hard to argue the facts.

There machines seem to be satisfying the needs of the majority which in turn makes them a @#$% load of money.

Don't you hate it when a plan comes together.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

Who says they don't make a true class 8? There is no established ratings system. Maybe all the other mfg make a class 8.5 combine? who really knows? This thread looks like another attempt at deere bashing.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

Quote:
Quote:They dont really need to make a class 8 at this point to keep up with the competition,, they sell more combines than any other MFG. in the world.
There machines seem to be satisfying the needs of the majority which in turn makes them a @#$% load of money.

Umm, I'd tread carefully there guys, I'm not sure that is a fact.

Don

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: When will Deere offer a larger combine?

Have any of you guys put a 9870 up against a 8010 or others and found that it fell short.
Seems to be alot of speculation here and no facts.
Any topics I have read where guys have them in the field does not have the Deere falling behind.
I would no be afraid to hang a 12row chopper head on a 9870 or a 8010 and see who eats who's lunch. I bet they are neck and neck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:

Sorry guy's some sarcasm gone undetected in my post, no Deere bashing meant here.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Why do all John deere owners think that they need to defend and promote John deere. What did John deere ever do for you? What benifit do you get out of telling everyone that John deere is the perfect machine? All other brands build models that can compare to any competive JD machine.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Quote:Why do all John deere owners think that they need to defend and promote John deere. What did John deere ever do for you? What benifit do you get out of telling everyone that John deere is the perfect machine? All other brands build models that can compare to any competive JD machine.

Well-taken, Todd. I personally do not feel it's as much as what "Deere has done for us" as much as it's simply an excellent parts, service and dealer support system. Other than that, some of the owners feel a sense of pride in running the No.1 selling brand, while to others like myself, it's just another brand still duely deserving of respect and all, but still no "better" than the next.

They make a good product, but there's something fatally flawed in their new 70 Series combines. I don't even know just what it is and I'm not getting any real answers from Deere, either, but when some 25-35 of only some 300 total made so far, have burned to the ground, that's too many, even though fire is the No.1 killer of combines!
Had this been an automotive issue--any one of the Big Three would have made serious recalls!

Deere needs to rectify this immediately, lest combine fire insurance becomes overly expensive or disqualified for the 70's.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

Quote:Why do all John deere owners think that they need to defend and promote John deere.
Not me.
I would however defend my local dealer Agro Trochu, and the good service they provide.
But that's kinda like saying I get along well with my neighbors... no longer dealing with a faceless corporation, just good representatives.

Don

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:Have any of you guys put a 9870 up against a 8010 or others and found that it fell short.
Seems to be alot of speculation here and no facts.
Any topics I have read where guys have them in the field does not have the Deere falling behind.
I would no be afraid to hang a 12row chopper head on a 9870 or a 8010 and see who eats who's lunch. I bet they are neck and neck.

We had a 9870 out and then about a week lator had a 8010 out, we had the deere in tough wheat against our gleaner R 72's and we had the 8010 in dry canola against our R 72's and found that the 8010 didn't have the capacity of the deere. The deere was making R 72's look like they were standing still but with the Case when it got late at night the gleaners were right behind the Case. They were in different condition's though so can't say for sure but from what we saw the Deere had more capacity. Take that for what its worth. Youngsimber.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Where's this whole "25-35 Burned 70-Series" comment coming from? I haven't seen any pictures of a burnt 70-Series, nor have I heard about any burning. Did I miss something?

There was only one 70-Series in Ontario this fall, a 9570STS, and it performed flawlessly from what I've heard. Same for the new 606C corn head on the front of it...

·
Registered
620 Posts

Lots of 50's-60's have burned so why should the 70's be any different?

·
Registered
114 Posts

Maybe. But for all you know, they ARE different... Saying a new series had a fire issue because the old ones occasionally did is not a sound argument.

·
Registered
620 Posts

True, but there is more history to the 50 and 60 series with some numbers behind them and the 70 series is so new.
Combiness is bringing up an issue that a local insurance adjuster brought up a couple of weeks ago and was asking alot of questions about combine fires and how common they were and if it was applicable to all brands.
I would have to agree from what Combiness is saying and the adjuster poking around for insurance companies that something is in the air and it seems like smoke and insurance companies get very nervous when that happens at over $250,000 per occurance.
All combines burn just some more than others.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

I work at a John Deere dealership that has 6 stores together in Nebr. also two together in Nebr. and Kansas. Four in AZ. and also right now one more that is independent in east central Nebr. They all are owned by the same family. Of the 6 stores we have 2 70 series that are in this area, the one had no problems and the other is 9870STS, One problem was the front chaffer will plug with corn leaves and there was a couple things can be done to solve this, another was sometimes the unloading auger will not swing out or in, it doesn't have grease Zerk's but there is Zerk's in it now and the other is the AHC or header height control was not working the way it should, that was a controller problem. Have never heard of any fires on the 70 series. Yes i have seen a 60 series burn, a couple 50 series that had very little damage, they didn't know about it and some 9000's that have a couple places that start a small fire that are only in that area . Would like to know about those 25 to 35 combines.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts