The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
How did you end up steering the cutter? See it has a greenstar receiver. Nice gear there, sounds like cutting on the coast going to be boggy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you end up steering the cutter? See it has a greenstar receiver. Nice gear there, sounds like cutting on the coast going to be boggy.
It`s not Auto steer yet just waiting on a kit from mother deere to arrive. Should be here soon hopefully. Just using it as a light bar now basically just for breaking in in big down cane.
Yeah just had another heap of rain now so gunna make it interesting in the next few weeks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
For some reason fonzy I love cane harvest. Did a harvest with a friend of our family at lies more about 16years ago they ran a full track harvester.

You wouldn't happen to have any old tipping cane trailers up there 4 or 5 ton one.
Looking for a couple to make into silage wagons.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason fonzy I love cane harvest. Did a harvest with a friend of our family at lies more about 16years ago they ran a full track harvester.

You wouldn't happen to have any old tipping cane trailers up there 4 or 5 ton one.
Looking for a couple to make into silage wagons.
I personally don`t but there are a few for sale up this way. What dollars are you looking to spend??
Full tracks are the majority up this way but not essential up where we farm. Much easier to shift from farm to farm with a wheelie.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Must be quite a job modifying the Fastracs for the trailers, the rear suspension isn't designed to carry weight is it? I'd have to have another look at ours but I think the drawbar and three point hitch is solid with the rear axle. Do you have a video link to a cane harvestor in action, that kind of stuff is fasinating :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Must be quite a job modifying the Fastracs for the trailers, the rear suspension isn't designed to carry weight is it? I'd have to have another look at ours but I think the drawbar and three point hitch is solid with the rear axle. Do you have a video link to a cane harvestor in action, that kind of stuff is fasinating :)
yup the way its set up is perrfect yes its designed to carry weight as the weight comes on the hydrlic suspension will keep it level

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He doesnt mind a bit of debt!!!!
You know how the old saying goes, Gotta spend money to make money. I know it`s a lot of $$ but we were a lot more comfortable spending money on new machines than on someone else used headache.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,883 Posts
That's some nice lookin red soil you got there fonz.
The new gear is good too. Them trailers look well built.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts