The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do most of you guys run your rear axle? In the top two holes, which is the lower position, or the bottom two holes, which is the raised position? I've run my 9650STS 2wd in the lowered position since I got it 4 years ago. Never thought about changing it, since it sits just about level front to rear. However, was thinking that I might want to drop it to the raised position, as it might help the chaffer and sieve to claim a little more grain with the crop traveling 'slightly' uphill. There's a 2-1/2" difference at the axle. Don't know how many degrees that is or if, in the real world, that'll be enough of a change to make any difference. What say ye? Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
We run all ours in the raised position, right back to 9600 through to the present day on 9770, keeps the product on the chaffer/sieves a little longer to add the clean up

·
Registered
149 Posts
nice pic. Most around hear run with them raised. remember tough if you raise the back the front doesnt go as high, going through water ways and stuff.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update. We swapped the axle to the raised position today. Sure makes the combine sit higher in the rear, seems like a LOT more than 2-1/2"!!!!!

And I'm quite glad I did decide to swap it, or I probably would have never seen this:

Really wish I had seen it before I had it all together (in that first pic). Had to take everything off again, weld up the flange onto the tube, and put everything back together again. Oh, well - at least we found it before it broke in the field!!

And, finally, a shot of the completed project. Our machine sat pretty well flat before the change-over. At least it appeared that the walkways on both sides of the machine were level. Not so any more. Also, I used to bump my head into the warning flasher arms at the rear, and now they're plenty far above my head. Sure seems like this should help with walking grain out the back end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts