The Combine Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone found pics of this 4-wheeled wonder, yet? I heard that "Pegasus" referred to this high-speed tractor a few years back, but it was scrapped (Deere not ready to enter that market?), but I have never seen any pics of one...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I searched everywhere I could and I haven't found anything. Saw it in real, but never saw pictures. There's a humour thread referring to the Pegasus project on farmphoto. Nothing useful in it, but it is interesting to note that the thread date back to 2002. Pegasus project is at least 10 years old.

·
Registered
80 Posts
amazing nobody has pics. so were there any prototypes, or where they absolutely not build as a JD "should"look like!

or it could be the proto of this one:

i don't think this one will reach 30 mph:

i will ask around again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have found a picture, but it´s a three axle 8000 series...

tested with a 7000 series on the back...maybe the response for the Claas Xerion or the new three axle Deutz (and the DTU tractors)...in europe

i´m trying to upload this picture from my PC, but it´s impossible for me to "Host it", any help ?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Rear axle suspension, Aye? God help us! What will be next. A bidet and in-cab Jacuzzi. More moving parts equals more maintenance, less reliability and less durability so who`s onto a winner here?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The days of the mechanically simple straight up tractor are long gone lynas..... and things are not about change any time soon.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
the tractor was show twice at agtitechnica. found jd tractor engineers wondering around looking at a 80mm ball hitch and started asking questions. they said 15 were built, but no plans of marketing because of cost, and difficulty making draft work on rear 3point. As for rear suspension and abuse of trailed implements we have both Fendt ( old style front suspension) and JCB and there is a huge difference in the way a manure tanker rides behind them. Same tanks (6000 gal. tandem houle) same road with dipped in culvert, same speed (33mph) tank rides smooth on JCB. Fendt will make tank start to hop. We have played with this many times, only logic I can come up with is that the extra weight on unsuspened rear end on Fendt makes rear tire start the hop, and it translates right back to tanker. Have nothing Deere in my yard for MANY reasons, but would stand in line to get a pegasus. Bring it on!!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts