The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had some issues when combining beans and the chaff, etc. hanging up on the rear axle. It gets around the rubber flap that hangs behind it. Anyway, it is worn out, several holes wore through now, and they sell a kit that makes it more like the 2388/2588 where there is more rubber and they are bolted together. Anyone done this, will it work? After our chaff builds up, it falls off in big bunches and doesn't scatter out when we chisel-plow or strip-till. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
this year we had the same problem. we run all 2388s some with choppers some with just beaters. we tried everything, faster rpm pulley on right side, adjusted our spreader paddles in all three positions from aggressive to non aggressive, bolted up our rubber flaps on the side and added more on, we never could get it to spread that well. dont know if it was the conditions or what, but it did the same thing it built up on the axle to where it would fall off in little clumps. made the fields look like crap.

·
Registered
728 Posts
we have the same problem with are 2366 it just piles up on the rear axle.
the year before last we tied up the flaps and this year we didn't we are aren't sure on which is better.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We had the same thing happening last year. The rubber skirts on the left side were torn up pretty bad (happened when we put the curved metal bats on the spreaders) and that side of the axle would collect a lot of trash. We had part of a rubber pickup bed liner left over from a different project, so we cut that up and made new skirts. They're longer than the old style and bolted to the rubber sheet that's supposed to cover the axle. I have to wait until June to find out how it works, though. I have no idea what to expect from it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One thing that I did was take rubber roofing and bolt it different places on the back of the machine. worked better and did not get as much trash hanging up.

·
Registered
975 Posts
One thing that will work is to bend metal into a V. Turn it upside down and mount it to the top of the axle with brackets. It will take some engineering, but the stuff can't sit on it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts