The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which companies (or deere part #) make a rear tow hitch for a 9860 that could tow a 936d header?

Does someone sell a tow pole with dolly wheels that could go on the front of the deere 936d header?

I sure would like to tow the header behind the combine when I go from field to field, but you see none of these hitches here.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Re: rear hitch for 9860 and transport hitch for 93

This is a hitch for a 9860: http://lankota.com/product_details.aspx?LanID=121

But not what you are looking for. You will need a hitch that can handle alot of tongue weight but also has to stick out 2 to 3 feet. Or maybe you can buy the dolly wheels from a honey bee header and convert them, they are almost the same idea.

It wouldn't be hard to copy honey bees design either, call up your local welder.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

·
Registered
400 Posts

i talked to the guys at lankota, and they told me, that that is what that hitch was made for.

i have seen one on a pallet, but never installed. looks pretty beefy.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I was searching for the same type of system for my deere 936 draper so I can two it with my machine but soon came to the realization that I would save more time slapping the header down on a trailer and hitching it up to the machine. It was no fun folding out the factory transport system every time we move sometimes twice a day then having a pickup tow it. Now I drop it on a trailer and hook it to the machine and take off. Less than half the time to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts