The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just got a look at a new Claas with he new rwa. It looked like a mechanical drive with a driveline running through the axle. I'm not sure if it has a separate transmission for the rear end. On our hills we work the heck out of a hydraulic rwa. While I'm happy with our 9870 I wonder how a TT 750 with a mechanical rear end would perform.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't think so. It's pretty much mudhog or nothing.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Just got a look at a new Claas with he new rwa. It looked like a mechanical drive with a driveline running through the axle. I'm not sure if it has a separate transmission for the rear end.
Sorry, not a mechanical drive.:(
The hydraulic motor is hidden in front at the middle of the axle now driving the wheels through a mechanical differential unit instead of a motor on each wheel.
It does simplify hydraulic plumbing but I doubt there would be much of an efficiency difference.
As Jayne would say, 6 and 1/2.
6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other.;)

I'm not sure Claas employs the traction control system the European units use or not.:confused:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I wonder if this company is in existence as it did take over Gilcrest years ago by the looks of it but the only way one would know is to call the number and see what sort of response there is. I opened the PDF to the axle product manual and it was Gilcrest and dated 1996. So perhaps older units can be repaired but by that link it sure didn't look like anything has progressed to newer units. Here's the link

JMG Equipment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts