The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer has a used factory Mud Hog on a combine that he will sell off of it, what is it worth? A new one he said is $16 grand, I am not paying that for one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's worth womewhere between what ever you're willing to pay for it, and what he wants for it.
Not being sarcastic, but that's the way it is. Expect both prices to go up if you start running into mud and want/need it NOW.

Series III is better than series II. Better flow control to keep from spinning the rear out.
A series II sytem (1 piece flow divider) will have 8 wheel bolts. A series III system (split flow divider) will have 10 wheel bolts.
The biggest difference between the valves is that the split flow divider will limit the maximum flow to each wheel to about 18gpm (36 gpm total to the rear axle).

Above does not apply to 7010/8010 or 20 series.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
http://www.jmgequipment.com/JMG Equipment Company Products.htm Ran across one of these on a used 2188. Its built like a brick out house, i called them to get info and they said the shipping weight is something like 2675 lbs. List price is $14750 plus $750 for 16x26 rims. If you get one let me know how it works...like i say really really built, gets rid of crappy center axle section that always breaks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I gave a salvage yard $4500 for a factory Mud Hog from a 1660. I had about $300 in hoses and small parts plus $1400 for new 18.4-26 tires. TORQUE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts