The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone went to the trouble (an expense) to install the fold out rear window that is a cab update for a 21 series combine so you can clean the glass? If not, any ideas how to clean them with the way they are? As you know, absolutley NO ROOM!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Trakman,

We have one with the fold out and one without. I agree it can be very annoying.
You can power wash the windows and get them decently clean. They will usually stay O.K up until you get caught it a shower and the dust all sticks to them. Then I have cut a slit with my pocketknife in a water bottle lid to squirt with and used a broom handle with a rag wadded up into a ball on the end. Not real effective, but you can usually get a hole cleaned to see through.
I never have checked into the cost of the upgrade kit, do you know what it runs??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wildcatwheatfarmer....I havn't checked on price but looking in the Case-IH update catalogue, I see you get a window, window frame and new cab upholulsty for all acrossed the back of the cab...wonder why you need this?....but anyway, I can't imagine it to be cheap. Here's guessing that $500 won't buy it.

Think I will resort to the power washer for this year and rely on the "bin full" indicator to tell me when my 1 bin full harvest is over! LOL

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.