The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't know of anyone who does that.

I'm sure there are some salvage units out there, it would just be a hunt to find them. Your buds @ abilene machine come to mind.

is the ring and pinion gear bad? b/c i fthe gearset is bad you might want to compare cost of a new gearcase compared to all the parts to rebuild it.

jd

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input, i think ill just buy a new one/reman from deere before i get a used one from salvage. more than likely i would get one that was worse than what i have.

isnt it funny how those salvage folks always try to get you to think that near new stuff is the only thing that is wrecked or burned

·
Registered
321 Posts
AH154768 complete pc gc now retails for $3210 - the price has been jacked up even since you started this thread brew!!!

at $3800 JD is really slappin it to you!!! find a better dealer!!!

jd

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yesterday i went to the dealer and just outta curiosity asked thier main parts man if deere offered a reman box. he looked and said no. then i asked how much the complete new box was and he told me $3800. i just made the comment that that was high. nothing against the dealer personally in my remark, i just said damnnnnnnnnnn. and left it at that. well he shot back at me with -----i bet shoup dont offer that do they!!!!. i said no they dont, but you can bet ur a** if they did it wouldnt be $3800.

ive owned a retail business and dealt with the public on a day to day basis. i know its not fut at times. ive never once told them that shoup was cheaper or anything such as that. heck they
know shoup is cheaper why would i have to make the comment of it. i had folks all the time comming into my liquor store and remarking about my prices and such. its hard to take i know but you just smile, take thier money and go on. i guess him making that remark is just the difference in the person that writes the check and the person that recieves the check huh
---its not his business, hes just a warm body recieving a check.

ive done an extensive overhaul on my machine and every dealer only part has came from this dealer, and specifically this parts man. i requested him because he was knowledgeable, and i knew he recieves a percentage of the sales he makes. but i have a choice and now ill exercise that right.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sure that is what will happen, more than likely. i was just curious as to what was available---worst case scenario

1 - 10 of 10 Posts