The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats some shocking information.... hard to believe on the cat... those are the most perfect machines ever.

how long have those other two guys run those machines... or are they first year guys....

·
Registered
13 Posts
my neighbour running the deere has been running deere for 8 years now. spoke to him today, says he is going to see if he can get a red machine.

here in SA with the dry conditions we have a lexion is far from a perfect machine, axial flows are the only that give a decent sample, deeres throw over too much. the deeres do better than the lexions
, that conventional setup ruins a crop here, a specially when corn goes to 11% moisture, cracks them like mad. we harvest at 12.5%. a 9500 deere or 208 mega wil let the cracks climb to above 5% easy.

the lexion owner has been running it for 4 years now. first time doing sunflowers with the lexion. Last year had his brother inlaw harvest it with a 2388.

do like the big hopper on the lexion.
the biggest we get here case wise is the 2388. will be getting the 7088 in june, but no 7120's or bigger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i'm going to change the clean grain elevator sprocket to the high speed one. Do i have to recalibrate my agleader, change any settings or would it compensate/adapt to the higher speed?

btw. finished sunflowers last week, average other material in sample for flowers was 1.6 %
, as opposed to my neighbours 9670 with 7,4%
(shame). one of the guys here with a 570R sample was 10,4%, they had to sieve it 3 times to get it clean at the hopper. poor guy.

thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Danet, the system monitors the rpm and compensates for it automatically. I usually run one additional calibration load at the higher speed just to dial it in and make sure it is right on though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.