The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
my neighbour running the deere has been running deere for 8 years now. spoke to him today, says he is going to see if he can get a red machine.

here in SA with the dry conditions we have a lexion is far from a perfect machine, axial flows are the only that give a decent sample, deeres throw over too much. the deeres do better than the lexions
, that conventional setup ruins a crop here, a specially when corn goes to 11% moisture, cracks them like mad. we harvest at 12.5%. a 9500 deere or 208 mega wil let the cracks climb to above 5% easy.

the lexion owner has been running it for 4 years now. first time doing sunflowers with the lexion. Last year had his brother inlaw harvest it with a 2388.

do like the big hopper on the lexion.
the biggest we get here case wise is the 2388. will be getting the 7088 in june, but no 7120's or bigger.

· Registered
13 Posts
i'm going to change the clean grain elevator sprocket to the high speed one. Do i have to recalibrate my agleader, change any settings or would it compensate/adapt to the higher speed?

btw. finished sunflowers last week, average other material in sample for flowers was 1.6 %
, as opposed to my neighbours 9670 with 7,4%
(shame). one of the guys here with a 570R sample was 10,4%, they had to sieve it 3 times to get it clean at the hopper. poor guy.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.