The Combine Forum banner

Receipt/Expense filing automation

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  joesixpack 
#1 ·
There are a ton of apps out there for scanning receipts, and some use ocr to extract the data and enter it into your accounting software. Unfortunately I use AgExpert, and nothing is very automatic about data entry in that.

What are some alternatives to AgExpert that work well for farm accounting and that can be used with apps like HubDoc or Verify?

#4 ·
I just do it the old school way—Enter everything into Quicken which doesn't take that long because there are lots of repeated vendors so not much typing involved.

The scanscap thing doesn't even have a GST column so it usually only records PST so kind of useless. Also being not TWAIN compliant you can't use after market software for it either unless you can find TWAIN drivers but Fujitsu doesn't make them.

If you mainly use credit cards or cheques you can import your statements and put purchases in the correct categories, then add cash transactions manually.

#5 ·
AgExpert has bank statement importing. You still have to run through each item but I don’t think each line takes a bit more time than shuffling through a bunch of paper and taking photos of them and dicking around with some app.

Plus it handles GST, Agristability and payroll.

#6 ·
I do like the the way AgExpert handles GST, but they are so far behind other platforms when it comes to ocr and extracting data. I know I could use QuickBooks and have access to apps like HubDoc, Veryfi, and ReceiptBank, but yes, there are things I like about AgExpert that make me stay. Primarily the way it is designed specifically for ag. I'm kind of hoping AgExpert developers will open their eyes and see where and why they may lose customers in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.