The Combine Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
recirculation

well the recirc system that we have uses nozzles that are acutated on and off by air. The benefits to this system is that the nozzles are an instant on and instant off, NO DRIPS. they are still set up on the section system that your machine is equiped with. as for using existing parts, im not sure, im my opinion i would rather use all new parts so that if part of the system fails, i will know its not because of a used piece of hardware. As for cost, thats not my dept im just the tech. If your real interested you can call the shop and ask for Dwayne 204-937-4321. tell him you were reading this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The clean out is pretty easy ... empty out the tank ... close the manual recirc valve and then empty out the booms with clean water. if you know anyone in your area with our system, talk to them. honestly im not a farmer but i have talked to alot and once they have our booms and recirc most of them say they will never go back to a standard boom setup

·
Registered
6 Posts
we are working on trying to figure that out with capstan right now. in theory it should but im not going to tell you it will until we know 100%

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 132' Pommier boom on my sparyer with recirculation and would never go back. No more dead spots in the boom. Booms are primed with required chemical concentration as soon as you are done mixing. Upon cleaning out to change chemicals, no more worrying about hangups in the boom, because any small amounts of chemical that could be hung up are diluted when mixing the next batch of new chemical to the point they can no longer harm. No more feather in lines associated with chem hangup or lack of priming. On/off of spray boom is instant with the air controlled nozzles.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Are you guys still happy with your recirculating booms? Have any of you taken actual pressure readings at the first nozzle that is being fed and compared it to pressure at the last nozzle in the line. I would be curious how much pressure drop between nozzle 1 nozzle 32 while spraying 36 gal/min (this would be the flow for 10 gal/acre @ 15 mph.)
Have air shut offs been reliable or need much attention?

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
Are you guys still happy with your recirculating booms? Have any of you taken actual pressure readings at the first nozzle that is being fed and compared it to pressure at the last nozzle in the line. I would be curious how much pressure drop between nozzle 1 nozzle 32 while spraying 36 gal/min (this would be the flow for 10 gal/acre @ 15 mph.)
Have air shut offs been reliable or need much attention?
Completely happy. The only time I have seen a difference is when the nozzle screens become plugged, so now have eliminated those. There is boom filters and I have a Thompson water filter on the main line. I never installed pressure gauges but instead just collect water in a scaled cup(for X amount of time) and compare when doing a rinse, should be the same thing or better.

I replace the air shut-off diaphragms every year because usually some will fail in year 2 if I don't. Not a huge expense.

Now looking at the dates on this thread I may have still had my Patriot sprayer when this thread was started, but shortly after got a RG1100 with 120' Pommier boom. It has been the most reliable and best performing sprayer I have run to date, four seasons on it now. I would not be without a re-circulating boom ever again after seeing the benefits of having one.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts