The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does JD or aftermarket have available a sensor to put on chopper shaft to use when corn slow down kit installed. With the big pulley on the shaft going too slow to keep monitor buzzer off.

Chopper tightener Rod double nuts..........keep vibrating loose......any other trick to keep in place other than drilling a pin hole and putting in a hair pin...........I even have a lock washer inbetween the 2 nuts......or maybe thats the problem?

Long time reader of this forum, lots of excellent stuff
Printer cartridge empty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9600 1996 model.........

now adding to the frustration the belt walks itself off, double pulley, walks to the outside after 1 round, and all the way off in 2 or 3 rounds.........

Have adjusted the upper jackshaft rods couple times.......moved the lower pulley all the way to outside of chopper shaft........

thanks for any input

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is the name of a feller I think you can get some help from.
Dennis Walker
Precision Balance
Delphos Ks
Shop 785-523-4460
Cell 785- 488-7032
He is as sharp as anyone I know of on Deere choppers and If memory serves me right he has taken on Redekop Choppers. This fall I threw a knife and decided to put all new on so I called him and in a matter of about an hr one morning he had things working great. He has balanced my chopper on my 6620 for me twice over the last 10+ yrs and it works like brand new when he is done. Give him a try I am sure he can help.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Agreed call Dennis at Presicion Balance. He is by far the most knowledgable guy I have ever met when it comes to combine choppers most notably the JD choppers. Yes he has recently taken on the Redekop chopper line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts