The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has run a redekop chopper on a deere s670.Does is spread 40 feet,and how much more horsepwer will i need? Wana switch over from an premium powercast tailboard(the one with the black paddles)because even though it can spread 40 feet the spread pattern is terrible either it's all to the outside or if you remove the inner shrouds it's all in the center.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not sure about the Redekop, but do know that the other option for a deere spreader does an amazing job of spreading even across the back in dry and moist conditions. That black paddle powercast spreader has been a piece of crap since it first came out on the 70 series. Not sure if there might be some of the better spreaders at combine wreckers that you install on your S670. Think it is called the "advanced" residue spreader.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the Redekop, but do know that the other option for a deere spreader does an amazing job of spreading even across the back in dry and moist conditions. That black paddle powercast spreader has been a piece of crap since it first came out on the 70 series. Not sure if there might be some of the better spreaders at combine wreckers that you install on your S670. Think it is called the "advanced" residue spreader.
Yes i am aware of the advanced powercast run them on all our other machines they do a very excellent job but they are pretty pricey to keep up once they have a few seasons on them they are engineered so stupid,we rebuild them by installing a bunch or stiffners and change the way the hydro motors mount to the spinners.But to change this combine to the advanced option we would need a overshot beater,overshot beater gearcase,chop to drop door and it's actuator,couple of hydro valve blocks,ane bigger hydo pump that supplies oil to the spinners,and the tailboard it'self, very expensive.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My redekop is on a cr new holland but I've been very happy with mine. I have no wind knives in it beside the half set right on the outside and it spreads 35 feet nicely. A row or two of wind knives and 40 should be no problem. I already sometimes have to drop the tail board sometimes. I only run my stationary knives a third of the way in to get as fine as I need it and power draw seems pretty reasonable.

The only downside I've found is it doesnt seem to fight a strong side wind as good as the case I most often work beside. More wind knives might fix that

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I put a Redekop on a S670, it easily spreads the 40’, have only ran knives part way in and still gives a very fine chop. As far as power and fuel, really don’t notice much difference.
It is a huge improvement to the combine.
Also we don’t heavy harrow in the fall to spread straw anymore which is a savings as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I put a Redekop on a S670, it easily spreads the 40’, have only ran knives part way in and still gives a very fine chop. As far as power and fuel, really don’t notice much difference.
It is a huge improvement to the combine.
Also we don’t heavy harrow in the fall to spread straw anymore which is a savings as well.
Do you know how many wind knives you have in?

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,788 Posts
I have 2 MAVS on 8010’s and can’t get spread past 30’ even on a still day..........
Standard wind blades on the ends.
What is wrong with mine??
where do you run your tail board bob?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have 2 MAVS on 8010’s and can’t get spread past 30’ even on a still day..........
Standard wind blades on the ends.
What is wrong with mine??
where do you run your tail board bob?
do you know what rpm yours is at? Mine is 2870rpm loaded i believe. i run mine all the way up which is just past level unless it starts blowing into standing crop. You might need to add 1 or 2 more rows of wind knives on each side.

also you might try phoning them, all my interactions on phone and trade show have been positive

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do you think because it runs faster and creates more wind out the back the suction from inside the machine could suck more small seeds like flax and canola and increase loss? The one im looking at runs 2900 rpm it's a 340-105W model.The premium deere's are 2900 rpm too but im assuming not as much wind speed and suction.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not sure how the deere is exactly but on the cr the redekop hangs pretty far back with a big opening between the seive and chopper. I dont see suction really being an issue, the fan would have way more effect then the chopper. I've always been happy with loss level so I dont think it's an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts