The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on newer Caseih combines the like the 50 series that come with the Redekopp chopper, that there's a switch you can install outside the combine to move the chopper out of the way in order to get the rear ladder down. I have looked in the parts books with no luck. I know this can be done from the cab as well but would like to be able to do it outside as well.Any pics or part numbers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Hmmm ….. I looked in online parts but as yet, I can’t find it either. Maybe it’s tucked away in a section that has nothing to do with MAV tailboard or electrical! They’re good at that…… 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Not to mention the new consumer-facing site is attrocious. I don't want an e-commerce storefront. I want parts breakdowns. I've learned how to work around the site's horrible search but it's still not fun. Today half the parts diagrams wouldn't show for me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
mine never had a switch in the cab for that..It had the outside switch, but youll need to blow it out for a half hour each day to get your ladder back up....
My 2019 9250 only has the external switch at left rear of combine just above the chopper belts.
And yes it is bad for getting chaff up under the ladder mechanism and it keeps the ladder from fully swinging up and locking in. Big air compressor in field to blow that area out each day and generally blow combine and header off.
Not sure if Milwaukee leaf blower would clean that out? I am adapting a narrow nozzle from an old corded leaf blower to try and get in there better and concentrate the airflow better.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
My 2019 9250 only has the external switch at left rear of combine just above the chopper belts.
And yes it is bad for getting chaff up under the ladder mechanism and it keeps the ladder from fully swinging up and locking in. Big air compressor in field to blow that area out each day and generally blow combine and header off.
Not sure if Milwaukee leaf blower would clean that out? I am adapting a narrow nozzle from an old corded leaf blower to try and get in there better and concentrate the airflow better.
There's seals - well, they sorta seal - on the inside near the roller to theoretically stop crap getting pushed in there & making it difficult to close the step. Only solution I've found is 180cfm every day!

And while we're on factory fit Redekop choppers, does the switch work (in the toolbox) to open the rear straw door - so you can windrow? Mine is there for looks only I think!

·
Registered
310 Posts
There's seals - well, they sorta seal - on the inside near the roller to theoretically stop crap getting pushed in there & making it difficult to close the step. Only solution I've found is 180cfm every day!

And while we're on factory fit Redekop choppers, does the switch work (in the toolbox) to open the rear straw door - so you can windrow? Mine is there for looks only I think!
Yes that switch in toolbox does work and will open/close the rear straw discharge door.
I will open that door when blowing out the ladder mechanism since it holds quite a bit of chaff on the rubber belting when closed.
I have found most of the wiring is on the 50 series for most of the optional accessories.
I added the actuator to replace turn buckle for cage vane adjustment.
I just had to pop the blank switch cover off the switch on right hand armrest/console to have in cab vane adjustment on the go, and add the switch in toolbox as well to change them from the ground.
Wiring was in cage area for actuator and in toolbox behind top panel for that switch.
Has anyone found a place to buy the actuators for the tailboard/discharge lift besides CNH/Redekop?
CNH wants $1000 and Redekop $800 ish.
I know guys that have damaged one and that is a pricey part that should be somewhat common and readily available for half what they want??

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yes that switch in toolbox does work and will open/close the rear straw discharge door.
I will open that door when blowing out the ladder mechanism since it holds quite a bit of chaff on the rubber belting when closed.
I have found most of the wiring is on the 50 series for most of the optional accessories.
I added the actuator to replace turn buckle for cage vane adjustment.
I just had to pop the blank switch cover off the switch on right hand armrest/console to have in cab vane adjustment on the go, and add the switch in toolbox as well to change them from the ground.
Wiring was in cage area for actuator and in toolbox behind top panel for that switch.
Has anyone found a place to buy the actuators for the tailboard/discharge lift besides CNH/Redekop?
CNH wants $1000 and Redekop $800 ish.
I know guys that have damaged one and that is a pricey part that should be somewhat common and readily available for half what they want??
My 8250 has “all the bells & whistles” on it & quite frankly …….. it’s a much better machine than my previous 8240. Once setup properly & once HC & FRC are setup for the crop conditions ……. it would be easily 15% better than the ‘40……. setup very similar but without automation.

I found the factory fit Redekop needs some for refinement as there was a few areas that where not correct.
If you‘re standing up the back of the machine & look to the very top RH & LH sides of the straw discharge hood, you’ll see a triangle (sorta triangle) piece of tin that supposed to seal off those top corners on each side. If the factory hasn’t sealed all that area up with silastic ……. chaff & crap can pour out of there ……. & you know the rest.

Also, check the distance the end of the straw door is from the front of the roller. It’s an imaginary line from end of the straw door to in front of the roller. It should be 150mm ……. 6” …… for some.
If it’s too far back, straw will be hitting the chopper rotor high up & the rotor will tend to throw it forward. If it’s too far forward (mine was) straw will land too far in front of the chopper rotor & can bridge in some conditions. See pic.
Organism Rectangle Font Slope Screenshot

And just to round things off …… factory had the hydraulic hoses connected the wrong way around! So the roller was trying to push material back in the machine instead of rolling it out the back when windrowing !!! You’d reckon something like that would be easily picked up at quality control!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have found a solution to all redekop issues....I traded for an identical 9250 with a standard chopper and spinners in the back, like the 2388s. Fricken love it!!!! awesome distribution, actually goes 45ft, and can open and close ladder all the time....much cleaner combine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts