The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would not count out the case. We demod one with the european chopper and it was unbelievable. I would bet as good as the cr's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did the case have internal fan blades in chopper or an external fan like cr does? It seems like the new cr chopper would be more efficient in hp requirement than the internal blades.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
The case had a 128(if my memory is correct) blade drum inside the combine and then an external spreader that didn't look like the CRs. I haven't seen the necr spreader yet but I've never seen anything in the same league. Made a joke of our lexions. The straw exiting was very even so maybe they have the feeding thing figured out. On the down side we tried to drop straw with it and we couldn't even find the row afterwards and I'm not exagerating.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The point is that NH offers a fully cab-adjustable spreader set up that gives you the possibility to react to changing conditions throughout the day from the seat of your cab,such as side winds,tough material etc.Thats exactly what i missed on the powercast tailboard on our 9870STS,where you can only adjust the rpm...Well done NH!

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Isn't the newest Claas chopper similar, except that it pulses from side to side as well (and appears to spread chaff too)?

http://claas.com/countries/generator/cl-....lang=en_EU.html

You have to go to the last 1/2 of the animation to see it and get Christian to translate some words. But since it is two concentrated streams of material (and air blast) it should spread farther to the edges as well as be less affected by wind. And it appears to be quite adjustable as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
2 years ago we had a combine out from NH that had this chopper/spreader on it. Had it all fall, combined all your normal crops in SK and it worked very well. The buttons and what not are not as easy to get used to as it shows in the video but once you are on to them it is a very nice feature. Ran it beside 4 MAV choppers all fall. The only thing that I would change is more RPM (programing). I think they will when or if it becomes available in NA. It is designed in Europe where headers are smaller...the max spread was 35' but very even and the cut was great.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Here's the translation:

Querschneide = crosscut
Verstellbare Gegenmesser = adjustable counter knives
schwenkbares reibelement = hinged rubbing element
Rotorwelle = Rotor
Messer = Knives

Hackseln - reifes stroh reibelement nicht aktiv = Chopping mature(dry) straw, the rub element is not active.

Hackseln - unreifes stroh reibelement nicht aktive = Chopping immature (green) straw, rub element not active
Hackseln - unreifes stroh reibelement aktive = Chopping immature (green) straw, rub element active.

Aufbau und Funktion spreuwurfgeblase = Construction and workings of chaff blower

Direkte Ubergabe in den Radialverteiler spreu und Hackselgut werden gemisht verteilt = Direct transfer to the radial spreader, chaff and straw is evenly distributed & spread.

Paddel = paddles
verstellbare leitbleche = adjustable guide panels
Wurfrotor = throwing rotor (paddles?)

Gleichmassige verteilung durch kennfeldgesteuerte Leitbleche = Even distribution through "known field" (I'm guessing guidance / GPS?) - guided panels.

Verstellung der Streubreite = adjustment of spread width.
Anpassen an seitenwind = adjust / account for sidewinds
Verstellung bei Seitenwind = adjustment for sidewinds

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gut gemacht Christian:)
The only thing i would translate different is
gleichmaessige Verteilung durch Kennfeld gesteuerte Leitbleche,which means even distribution through automatically,computer-adjusted vanes.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That Claas chopper is available in Europe since they released the Lexion 480.Its too bad all that good stuff is not available here in north america...30ft headers are not an unknown thing there.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
The amount of spread on the case is adjustable from the cab as well. Side to side wasn't but that doesn't matter. We had that on our old cx's and it is the most useless option I've ever had. The next lexions will have a different chopper than this one.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Danke, Hans!

Haben sie auch so schlechtes Wetter? Nach den Radar siet es aus das es von ihn wieder regnet?

I wonder how the computer "steers" the vanes? Just oscilates them or does it actually tie in with the guidance system?

I don't know what the word "Kennfeld" means exactly... direct translation would be "known field"?

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes its raining here again since last night.Kennfeld actually describes the graphic picture of a program,with different axles,like x,y and z for example.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We were given the option of putting the euro chopper on our new 590 to sort of try it out. I thought the dollars they wanted to 'try it out' was a little steep so we kept with the simple, but trouble-free MAV. I suspect claas will soon be offering the euro chopper here in NA.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
hmm... the real redekops must have a lot better chopper than our lexions, which have redekop internals, because they are a terrible chopper. Sure our lexions can spread 45' on a calm day but they don't chop &@it especially at night. I'm not knocking the NH I heard it had a kick a** chopper I just wanted to say the European chopper on the case in my opinion was fantastic as well. We tried to get the 9090 to demo against our 590's but no go. They took it to a neighbors 580 instead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts