The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, had to finish early tonight due to reel not engaging when turning on header clutch. It has happened on and off several times over the past week but has always started after a couple of tries. Tonight it stopped completely and I'm thinking it is an electrical problem but I have not had a chance to put a trouble light on the reel valve solenoid to see if there is power getting to it. It has automatic reel speed. Has anyone got any suggestions what else I might look at?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a similar problem caused by a bad power connection to the reel speed module. I would check that you are getting close to 12 volts at the plug. I was only getting 9 volts there and traced it back to a corroded connection. You also might make sure the ground going to the module is making good contact.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been trying to use my auto reel speed and when I am moving hydrostat faster it will work right like when I turn on end, it seems to work when I am moving above 4.5 mph, but when moving slower it just barely moves, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you would check voltage at coil with it plugged in on a R62 you should find about a volt in one wire and near 12 in other when set to MAX speed in manual mode. One of the wires goes threw plug to header and then back to coil if looking for bad connection. Not many coils have failed. Not many safety modules fail that circuit. In emergency there is a little setscrew with jam nut on bottom side of valve. You can back it off to get reel turning and bypass the electronics. For poor match to ground speed on about '95 and prior machine there is a jumper harness to place in line with harness to reel module which should help it respond better with ground speed

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you would check voltage at coil with it plugged in on a R62 you should find about a volt in one wire and near 12 in other when set to MAX speed in manual mode. One of the wires goes threw plug to header and then back to coil if looking for bad connection. Not many coils have failed. Not many safety modules fail that circuit. In emergency there is a little setscrew with jam nut on bottom side of valve. You can back it off to get reel turning and bypass the electronics. For poor match to ground speed on about '95 and prior machine there is a jumper harness to place in line with harness to reel module which should help it respond better with ground speed
on the 99 model r62 what controls the auto reel speed? and also what would cause the ground speed sensor, and cyl speed to read when sitting still and not running rotor?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Auto reel speed is calculated per ground speed. Module needs to have constants installed per tire size. I am worried you have problem with take if both the ground speed and rotor reads when sitting still. Gleaner module tester could be used to check it out and or rebuilder could set if you give them the figures. Ground speed can be set while in machine if all else was well. Also there are a couple adjustments on reel speed module to match ground speed with Reel speed to 1 to 1 ratio and to set minimum RPM of reel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.