The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone can tell me what pins to jumper on the single point hook-up to tell the combine I have a reel..

Backstory. We bought an old case dummy head that was setup to run on a 400 series. On a 400 series the reel speed was 2 separate hoses from the single point. I bought the diamond shaped plate and the 2 couplers needed to hook to the 585. But need to jumper it to tell it there's a reel (belt speed controlled by the reel hydraulic)

·
Registered
443 Posts
See the answers on this thread.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You will need a 3 wire speed sensor on the header and a tone wheel or gear teeth to trigger the sensor as the reel rotates. You will probably have to tell the combine how many pulses per rotation in a settings menu. [how many teeth on the tone wheel or gear pass by the sensor in one rotation of the reel]. From the link referenced above by @m_elias the reel speed sensor needs to be set to: 5V square wave pulse output. 13T tone wheel on drive gear, I believe 43 pp rev. of reel.

It wasn't clear to me in the linked discussion what gets jumpered for reel enable... B-9 (12V power) to C-5 (reel enable)
still not clear on B and C connectors... the other link seems to suggest they are the bigger circular connectors under the cover... but C-5 is indicated as 12v power too...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will need a 3 wire speed sensor on the header and a tone wheel or gear teeth to trigger the sensor as the reel rotates. You will probably have to tell the combine how many pulses per rotation in a settings menu. [how many teeth on the tone wheel or gear pass by the sensor in one rotation of the reel]. From the link referenced above by @m_elias the reel speed sensor needs to be set to: 5V square wave pulse output. 13T tone wheel on drive gear, I believe 43 pp rev. of reel.

It wasn't clear to me in the linked discussion what gets jumpered for reel enable... B-9 (12V power) to C-5 (reel enable)
still not clear on B and C connectors... the other link seems to suggest they are the bigger circular connectors under the cover... but C-5 is indicated as 12v power too...
Currently at work so I can't read and investigate on the combine at the same time but according to the thread it looks like I only need the reel speed sensor if I want auto belt (reel) speed?

Swatting our small grain is kind of last ditch effort this year and I only have about 50 acres and maybe a few for the neighbors... So it would be nice but not necessary at the moment.. hoping to have this thing functional by the weekend. If all else fails I will do it manually at the pump for this year tell I have more then 2 days.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Won't you also need the jumper that tells the combine to you have a reel?
Yes that's the main one I'm going for more so then the speed sensor.. if I can get away without the speed one I will to get me through this year.. probably only a day and a half total.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Won't you also need the jumper that tells the combine to you have a reel?
It appears in the thread that you posted you were able to run the reel manually before the jumper.. worst comes to worst I will do that to get the crop off then do it right between now and soybean harvest at the end of September

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
B9 ( "road travel" 12V ) to C5 (reel enable) is correct. The diagram label is misleading, as the "road travel 12V" goes back to the combine on the C5 pin when the reel drive loop is installed.

These pins must be connected inside the header Multilink, as C5 typically is not wired to come out the back side where all the small plugs are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts